- Hassan's political philosophy shaped by advocacy for son Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Maggie Hassan's career in public service began as a fight to ensure her son Ben, who has cerebral palsy, could participate fully in society. It led to a run for state Senate, then for governor and now, for U.S. Senate against Republican incumbent Kelly Ayotte.
- New Hampshire fishing industry gets more than $1M in funds Updated: Oct-02-15 7:54 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than $1 million in funding has been released to help struggling New Hampshire fishermen and fishing communities.
- Congress passes bill easing small business health law rules Updated: Oct-01-15 6:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress approved bipartisan legislation Thursday aimed at preventing premium increases that some smaller businesses were expecting next year under President Barack Obama's health care law.
- New federal fishing regulations pushed back a month Updated: Oct-01-15 2:08 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - A federal agency says new fishermen costs have been pushed back a month.
- New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz Updated: Sep-30-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is boldly taking on a role most of her fellow Republicans have been unwilling to bear: public foil to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Democratic discontent with White House Syria policy growing Updated: Sep-28-15 6:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic discontent with the U.S. strategy in Syria is growing, with some of President Barack Obama's supporters in Congress questioning what he is doing to fight Islamic State militants, stem the exodus of Syrian refugees and find a political solution to the conflict.
- Attorney for death row inmate challenge execution methods Updated: Sep-28-15 12:56 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - An attorney for New Hampshire's only death row inmate is challenging the constitutionality of the state's death penalty law.
- Leahy, Sanders, Shaheen push to end Cadillac health tax Updated: Sep-28-15 3:35 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's two U.S. senators and one from New Hampshire are among the co-sponsors of legislation to repeal a tax on certain health care plans.
- 3 northern New England senators lead conservation effort Updated: Sep-19-15 9:03 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three northern New England senators are among the leaders in an effort to push for continued support of the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Discussion to address regulations on fishermen Updated: Sep-18-15 4:05 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is hosting a roundtable discussion with fishermen on the impact of regulations, catch-share limits and other policies.
- New Hampshire health centers get money to expand access Updated: Sep-16-15 9:52 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's community health centers are getting nearly $3.6 million in federal funding to expand access to patients who have gained insurance under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law.
- Nation's drug 'czar' visiting New Hampshire Updated: Sep-14-15 12:38 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The nation's drug "czar" is in New Hampshire to discuss the state's heroin and opioid crisis.
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-09-15 5:03 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's two U.S. senators stood with their parties on Wednesday - and against each other - on the deal aimed at preventing Iran from developing a nuclear weapon in exchange for relief from international economic sanctions.
- Youth substance-abuse prevention programs getting $1.25M Updated: Sep-09-15 10:03 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is getting $1.25 million in federal funding for youth substance abuse prevention programs.