- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:14 pm
Congress will vote next month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to dismantle Iran's nuclear capabilities in exchange for billions in international sanctions relief.
- Film industry spokeswoman to be Biden's communications chief Updated: Aug-24-15 6:05 am
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden has chosen a top film industry official and former spokeswoman for John Edwards' 2008 presidential campaign to be his new communications director, the White House said Monday.
- New Hampshire delegation members to host forum for veterans Updated: Aug-23-15 11:38 am
BERLIN, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's two U.S. senators and a congresswoman are hosting a forum for veterans about the Veterans Choice program and two new veterans' health clinics in the North Country.
- New Hampshire governor, senator praise heroin initiative Updated: Aug-17-15 3:57 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire politicians were quick to praise a new White House initiative to combat heroin use and trafficking.
- Democratic group launches first anti-Ayotte TV ad Updated: Aug-12-15 4:32 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is the target of a top Democratic super PAC's first television ad of the 2016 cycle.
- Shaheen plans to back Iranian nuclear deal Updated: Aug-06-15 5:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Jeanne Shaheen says she will support the Iranian nuclear deal negotiated by President Barack Obama's administration when it comes to the Senate floor.
- McConnell to Obama: Stop demonizing Iran deal opponents Updated: Aug-06-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is treating his drive to win congressional approval for his nuclear deal with Iran like a political campaign, making attacks on opponents that need to stop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday.
- Correction: Heroin Abuse story Updated: Aug-04-15 1:41 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - In a story Aug. 3 about efforts to combat the heroin abuse problem in New Hampshire, a quote provided by U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte's office misstated the status of a budget amendment that provided funding to address heroin and prescription drug abuse. The amendment was passed by the Senate Budget Committee, not the full Senate.
- 1st bank opening in New Hampshire in 7 years Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - A new bank has opened in New Hampshire, the first one in seven years.