- Oakmont among courses defined by major champions Updated: Jun-16-16 3:00 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - One measure of a great golf course is the quality of its champions.
- Arnold Palmer not able to attend US Open Updated: Jun-15-16 7:26 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Arnold Palmer made it to the Masters in April and watched Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player hit honorary tee shots.
- Over a century after its debut, Oakmont remains a stern test Updated: Jun-15-16 4:17 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Retirement made Henry Fownes restless. When the Pittsburgh native sold the family iron business to steel magnate Andrew Carnegie in 1896, Fownes had just turned 40. An avid golfer, he poured himself into the game, a passion that paved the way for his true life's work: Oakmont.
- The 5 toughest US Opens ever Updated: Jun-15-16 2:50 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - The U.S. Open is known as the toughest test in golf, and it usually lives up to its reputation.
- 5 best US Opens played at Oakmont Updated: Jun-13-16 2:45 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Oakmont has hosted the U.S. Open more than any other golf course, and there's a reason.
- A long road and 2 major championships for Angel Cabrera Updated: Jun-10-16 11:39 am
Going a mile in the shoes of Angel Cabrera is just getting started.