- Puerto Rico clears first hurdle with committee vote Updated: May-25-16 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan deal to help Puerto Rico manage its crippling finances cleared its first hurdle Wednesday with approval from a Republican-led House committee.
- Wildfire-fighters warn 2016 could be bad in California Updated: May-17-16 2:23 pm
California could face a dangerous and difficult wildfire season in 2016 despite a relatively wet winter, federal officials warned Tuesday.
- Treasury Secretary Lew says time is now to help Puerto Rico Updated: May-10-16 7:32 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - As Congress debates how to help Puerto Rico with its $70 billion debt, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is trying to prod lawmakers into action with stories of crumbling infrastructure on the island and a lack of basic services.
- Puerto Rico's economic crisis: How it happened, what's next Updated: May-09-16 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - One bond payment missed, another looms for debt-ridden Puerto Rico as Congress fights over how to help the U.S. territory and its 3.5 million Americans.
- Gary Herbert, Mike Lee representing Utah at GOP convention Updated: Apr-26-16 11:42 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert, first lady Jeanette Herbert and a handful of Utah's elected officials are among the state's delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer who could decide the party's presidential nominee.