- Detroit Tigers see season collapsing down the stretch Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers aren't used to being in the position of only playing for pride.
- Josh Tomlin throws a four-hitter and Indians beat Tigers 8-1 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:57 pm
DETROIT - Normally, Jerry Sands is just another light-hitting utilityman who spends a lot of time riding buses in Triple-A.
- Indians scratch ace Corey Kluber from start Updated: Sep-04-15 6:06 pm
DETROIT - The Indians have scratched ace Corey Kluber from his scheduled start against the Tigers because of a strained right hamstring.
- Floyd returns from injury but Indians lose 5-1 to Jays Updated: Sep-02-15 11:27 pm
TORONTO - On a rough night for the Indians, Gavin Floyd's return gave everyone a something to smile about.
- Indians President Mark Shapiro is bound for Blue Jays Updated: Aug-31-15 4:51 pm
CLEVELAND - As his throat clogged with emotion, Mark Shapiro avoided making eye contact with his wife and two kids so he wouldn't break down crying.
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.
- Almonte leads Indians to 9-2 win against slumping Angels Updated: Aug-30-15 5:56 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians are working on a positive finish to a roller-coaster August.
- Indians manager Francona says he won't use opt-out clause Updated: Aug-28-15 6:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona says he won't use an out clause in his contract if Cleveland President Mark Shapiro takes a job elsewhere.
- Indians RHP Danny Salazar scratched from start vs Angels Updated: Aug-28-15 5:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians pitcher Danny Salazar was scratched from his scheduled start Friday night against the Los Angeles Angels because of a virus.
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on disabled list Updated: Aug-25-15 11:41 pm
CLEVELAND - Carlos Carrasco's breakout season has been breached.
- Kluber comes up short in Indians' 2-1 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-24-15 7:21 pm
CHICAGO - Cleveland's Corey Kluber came up with another strong start. But so did Chicago starter Jon Lester in a game that eventually was decided by the Indians' and Cubs' bullpens.
- Bryant homer lifts Cubs to 2-1 win over Indians Updated: Aug-24-15 6:29 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago's Jon Lester and Cleveland's Corey Kluber locked up in a terrific pitchers' duel.
- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Francona to accompany longtime friend Farrell for treatment Updated: Aug-17-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Cleveland manager Terry Francona said he plans to accompany his longtime friend - Red Sox manager John Farrell - to his first chemotherapy treatment for lymphoma on Tuesday.
- Milone returns from DL to help Twins beat Indians 4-1 Updated: Aug-16-15 5:15 pm
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Indians OF Brantley out with sore shoulder Updated: Aug-14-15 7:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Cleveland Indians All-Star outfielder Michael Brantley is out of Friday's lineup and will likely miss multiple days while he deals with a sore left shoulder.
- Daughters of Indians INF Mike Aviles throw out first pitches Updated: Aug-13-15 7:44 pm
CLEVELAND - The twin 4-year-old daughters of Cleveland Indians infielder Mike Aviles threw out the ceremonial first pitches before Thursday night's game against the New York Yankees.
- Indians edge sinking Yankees 5-4 in 16 innings Updated: Aug-12-15 1:29 am
CLEVELAND - Michael Brantley saw what his teammates had in mind and took off toward the safety of the outfield.