- BP to pay record $18.7 billion to states affected by spill Updated: Jul-03-15 5:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - More than five years after the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history fouled beaches, coated seabirds in thick goo and threatened delicate marshes, BP has agreed to pay a record settlement to affected states in hopes of bringing an end to a legal drama that has cost the company billions.
- Judge hears case over new St. Louis football stadium Updated: Jun-26-15 3:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge will decide whether a public vote is necessary on funding the construction of a new football stadium in downtown St. Louis, after hearing arguments in the case.
- Monsanto posts higher 3Q profit, pursues Syngenta tie-up Updated: Jun-24-15 6:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Monsanto Co. reported better-than-expected earnings results for the third quarter on Wednesday as executives of the huge agricultural business continued to make a case for a $45 billion takeover of Swiss competitor, Syngenta AG.
- FedEx shares fall on weak quarter, disappointing outlook Updated: Jun-17-15 4:42 pm
FedEx's latest quarterly results missed Wall Street expectations, as lower fuel surcharges and the strong dollar cut into revenue at its big express-shipping business.
- St. Louis says Dome authority can't build new stadium Updated: Jun-13-15 7:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis contends that an ordinance requiring a public vote before city tax dollars are used on a new football stadium is valid.