- Rubio and Cruz compete for Iowa evangelicals Updated: Nov-20-15 11:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have been sparring over national security and immigration policy as their rivalry intensifies in the Republican presidential primary race. Now their conflict is moving to Iowa and a powerful evangelical constituency that Rubio is making a play for, months after rivals sank roots.
- Republicans rush to shut borders to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 9:40 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees Tuesday, drawing angry denunciations from President Barack Obama and other Democrats and igniting an emotional debate about U.S. values in the wake of the deadly Paris terror attacks.
- Iowa US Rep. Steve King endorses Ted Cruz for president Updated: Nov-16-15 11:47 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has picked up a key Iowa endorsement from Congressman Steve King, a strong conservative voice in the leadoff caucus state.
- Rubio, Ryan back off comprehensive immigration overhaul Updated: Nov-04-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Two of the Republican Party's rising young stars - House Speaker Paul Ryan and presidential hopeful Marco Rubio - made similar calculations on the way to political advancement: Both abandoned efforts to pass a comprehensive immigration overhaul.
- DuPont to open $225M cellulosic ethanol plant in Iowa Updated: Oct-30-15 6:04 pm
NEVADA, Iowa - A refinery designed to make ethanol from cornstalks, leaves and cobs - not the grain itself - opened Friday in central Iowa, the culmination of a $225 million construction project and millions more invested in its engineering and design.