- Massachusetts House speaker stuck in school during lockdown Updated: May-21-15 8:20 pm
WEYMOUTH, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy whose boast of having a gun led to a lockdown at a Massachusetts high school during a visit by Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo and another lawmaker.
- Nixon papers shed light on renegade diplomacy Updated: May-21-15 3:47 am
WASHINGTON - There's little doubt Richard Nixon was up to dirty tricks before his presidency ever began.
- 'Happy' Rockefeller, widow of former vice president, dies Updated: May-20-15 1:49 pm
Margaretta "Happy" Rockefeller, the widow of former U.S. Vice President and New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller and one of the first women to speak publicly about her breast cancer in the 1970s, has died. She was 88.
- D'oh! Is 'The Simpsons' parting company with Harry Shearer? Updated: May-14-15 11:48 am
NEW YORK - An escalating contract dispute suggests that Harry Shearer may be exiting "The Simpsons," where he has voiced several of its characters since the Fox cartoon series debuted in 1989.
- Documentary on Detroit civil rights legend premieres in June Updated: May-12-15 4:13 am
DETROIT - From scrubbing floors as a janitor to pounding gavels as a prominent federal judge, Detroit civil rights legend Damon J. Keith has accomplished plenty.
- Ohio governor's letter to Nixon made public Updated: May-09-15 2:58 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Potential president candidate Ohio Gov. John Kasich first got to the Oval Office as a teen after writing a persuasive letter.
- An Obama milestone: South Dakota visit makes it 50 states Updated: May-08-15 8:23 pm
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - President Richard Nixon did it in less than three years. President George H.W. Bush completed it in one term. President Barack Obama has now matched their feat by visiting South Dakota, his 50th state, on Friday.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: May-06-15 12:37 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers: