- Duckworth: Democratic 2016 Senate primary hurts Kirk Updated: May-28-15 6:54 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth said Thursday that a potential challenger in the Democratic primary for Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk's seat won't hurt her in a 2016 contest that's already heating up.
- Illinois state senator declares bid for 8th District Updated: May-19-15 10:35 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state senator says he'll run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Chicago Urban League CEO to make 2016 US Senate run Updated: May-15-15 5:53 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Urban League President Andrea Zopp says she intends to run for Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk's seat. The move potentially sets up a 2016 primary battle for Democratic Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth.
- Kirk touts stroke recovery in 1st ad of 2016 re-election bid Updated: May-14-15 7:30 am
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk is touting his recovery from a debilitating stroke in the first television ads of his 2016 re-election bid.
- Dems claim recruiting successes in bid to retake Senate Updated: May-11-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are claiming early success in recruiting strong candidates in Republican-held states as they fight to retake the majority after last year's midterm bloodletting. But in several states the party is still searching, with the Democrat who looks like the strongest candidate holding out for now.