- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Francona to accompany longtime friend Farrell for treatment Updated: Aug-17-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Cleveland manager Terry Francona said he plans to accompany his longtime friend - Red Sox manager John Farrell - to his first chemotherapy treatment for lymphoma on Tuesday.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- Ventura supports Farrell, gets skin cancer screening Updated: Aug-15-15 7:59 pm
CHICAGO - White Sox manager Robin Ventura expressed support for Red Sox skipper John Farrell and, coincidentally, arrived Saturday wearing several small bandages on his neck and nose after being screened for skin cancer earlier in the week.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Realmuto drives in 6 runs to help Marlins beat Red Sox 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:53 pm
MIAMI - As J.T. Realmuto walked back to the dugout in the eighth inning after whiffing wildly at a 3-2 pitch, he could afford to laugh.
- Hanley Ramirez's sore foot to be examined by doctor Updated: Aug-12-15 3:07 pm
MIAMI - Red Sox outfielder Hanley Ramirez will be examined by a doctor Thursday when the team returns to Boston to determine whether further tests are needed on his sore left foot.
- Bour's walk-off in 10th lifts Marlins over Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-11-15 11:06 pm
- Red Sox closer Uehara out for season Updated: Aug-10-15 7:26 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox closer Koji Uehara will miss the rest of the season with a broken right wrist.
- Red Sox cut RHP Masterson, reacquire 3B Rivero from Mariners Updated: Aug-09-15 9:40 pm
DETROIT - The Boston Red Sox have cut right-hander Justin Masterson.
- Bradley powers Red Sox over Tigers 7-2 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:56 pm
DETROIT - Jackie Bradley Jr. showed off his considerable promise in one big afternoon for the Boston Red Sox.
- Boston's Ramirez scratched from lineup with sore foot Updated: Aug-08-15 6:54 pm
DETROIT - Boston outfielder Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from the lineup Saturday night against Detroit because of a sore left foot.
- Boston mayor wants ban on chewing tobacco at ballparks Updated: Aug-06-15 1:35 am
BOSTON - From storied Fenway Park to youth baseball diamonds across the city, Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh is calling for a ban on dip, snuff and chewing tobacco.