- With tournament title secured, US sweeps China Updated: Jul-26-15 9:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - With the FIVB World Grand Prix Finals championship already secured, the United States added a three-set victory over China on Sunday to cap the tournament.
- Women's soccer enjoying its World Cup bump Updated: Jul-23-15 2:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nowhere could the World Cup bump in women's soccer be more apparent than in Portland, where more than 21,000 fans watched a National Women's Soccer League rivalry match between the Thorns and the Seattle Reign.
- Big win, big flag: 450-pound banner honors World Cup champs Updated: Jul-10-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Officials say they've unfurled the world's largest free-flying American flag from the George Washington Bridge as a tribute to the World Cup soccer champions.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Jul-08-15 5:03 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- Lauren Holiday plans to retire from US women's national team Updated: Jul-07-15 9:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Midfielder Lauren Holiday plans to retire from the U.S. national team following its World Cup victory, ending an eight-year career that included two Olympic gold medals and a World Cup championship.
- US women begin home World Cup celebrations with LA fan rally Updated: Jul-07-15 6:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - Carli Lloyd looked out over the cheering mob of U.S. women's national team fans and raised an arm in triumph.
- World Cup moments distanced women from FIFA scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 5:32 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a few moments over the past month, the Women's World Cup seemed to push aside the FIFA scandal that is simmering a half planet away.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Japan emotional after World Cup loss Updated: Jul-06-15 12:32 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan clearly was not ready for Carli Lloyd.
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-05-15 11:53 pm
Keys to the United States' 5-2 win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- The Latest: Carli Lloyd wins Golden Ball as top player Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- Wambach says she just wants to win her last World Cup Updated: Jul-04-15 12:39 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia. - With the title match looming, Abby Wambach isn't mincing words.
- Defense helps US team to the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-01-15 10:13 pm
MONTREAL - It used to be that the U.S. women's national team was known more for its fierce attack. For the Women's World Cup in Canada, the Americans are finding success with a locked-down defense.
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.