- Wildfire-fighters warn 2016 could be bad in California Updated: May-17-16 2:23 pm
California could face a dangerous and difficult wildfire season in 2016 despite a relatively wet winter, federal officials warned Tuesday.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: May-16-16 10:01 am
Omaha World-Herald. May 13, 2016
- Drug crisis hotline to start in New Hampshire this week Updated: May-10-16 1:28 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire residents struggling with heroin addiction and other substance abuse problems will soon be able to call a state hotline for help.
- Drug court grad finds common ground with Vilsack Updated: May-09-16 5:16 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Two men who grew up in the shadows of their parents' addictions shook hands Monday in a New Hampshire courthouse - one, a recent graduate of a drug court program and the other, the U.S. secretary of agriculture.
- Montana, feds make deal on use of firefighting helicopters Updated: May-05-16 4:06 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana and federal officials have made a deal that will allow the state's five firefighting helicopters to respond to some blazes on federal lands, after they were barred from doing so last year as fires raging across the West led to equipment shortages.
- USDA offers urban farmers an online toolkit Updated: Apr-29-16 2:33 pm
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Agriculture Department is offering urban farmers some help in growing and marketing their produce.