- Coach Kill stays mum on Gophers starting quarterback Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Gophers coach Jerry Kill opened uncertainty at quarterback when he pulled junior Mitch Leidner in the second half of last week's 27-0 loss at Northwestern.
- Stats show 'icing' kickers has been more effective this year Updated: Oct-06-15 9:32 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Calling a timeout in an attempt to "ice" a kicker before a critical field-goal attempt has become almost as routine a decision for coaches as punting on fourth-and-long.
- Gophers CB Boddy-Calhoun won't need surgery on injured knee Updated: Sep-29-15 5:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Golden Gophers finally got a little good news on the injury front.
- Late penalty derails Ohio's upset bid against Minnesota Updated: Sep-26-15 8:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Ohio Bobcats led the Minnesota Gophers for 14 of 15 minutes in the fourth quarter.
- Late TD drive lifts Minnesota over Ohio 27-24 Updated: Sep-26-15 8:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mitch Leidner spent a week listening to calls for his benching and criticisms of Minnesota's anemic offense in the wake of an ugly 10-7 win over Kent State.
- Minnesota QB Leidner remains confident through struggles Updated: Sep-22-15 6:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hours after Mitch Leidner and heavily favored Minnesota survived a scare from lowly Kent State, the Golden Gophers quarterback felt compelled to call coach Jerry Kill to get something off his chest.
- Leidner, Minnesota hang on to beat Kent State 10-7 Updated: Sep-19-15 5:26 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota had trouble moving the ball all afternoon against a mid-major opponent, and coach Jerry Kill was in a testy mood.
- MAC sees chance for glory, dollars when it takes on Big Ten Updated: Sep-17-15 2:38 pm
You can be certain Urban Meyer will warn his Ohio State players about the attack of the MAC when they host Northern Illinois on Saturday and Western Michigan next week.
- Minnesota beats Colorado State 23-20 in overtime Updated: Sep-12-15 9:12 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State coach Mike Bobo saluted his players for giving it their all against the Minnesota Gophers, saying "they played hard, and I mean hard, for 60 minutes."
- CSU breaks ground on on-campus stadium Updated: Sep-12-15 4:41 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State coach Mike Bobo stood in a large campus parking lot 3 1/2 hours before kickoff against Minnesota on Saturday and jokingly issued an old-fashioned dare to the Gophers and coach Jerry Kill.