- Padres fall short as D-backs avoid sweep with 6-4 win Updated: Jun-28-15 8:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Matt Kemp doesn't think batting leadoff matters, even though his numbers are markedly better in the No. 1 spot in the lineup.
- Castillo powers Diamondbacks past Padres 6-4 Updated: Jun-28-15 8:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - Arizona manager Chip Hale thought his team's offense was ready to break out, and he was right.
- Goldschmidt 'couldn't care less' about lack of attention Updated: Jun-22-15 9:26 pm
PHOENIX - No one in the majors, no position player anyway, is having a better season than Paul Goldschmidt.
- Dodgers rout Lincecum in 10-2 win over Giants Updated: Jun-22-15 12:54 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers hammered Tim Lincecum early and Yusmeiro Petit often on the way to one of their best offensive displays of the season.
- Diamondbacks score 7 runs in 2nd inning, beat Padres 7-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:20 pm
PHOENIX - A.J. Pollock and Paul Goldschmidt each singled home a pair in a seven-run second inning and the Arizona Diamondbacks went on to beat San Diego 7-2 Sunday, taking two of three from the Padres in the weekend series.
- Angels squander opportunities in 3-2 loss to Arizona Updated: Jun-18-15 2:38 am
PHOENIX - The Los Angeles Angels scored on a double play and Albert Pujols' groundout. They were 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position.
- Pujols' two-run HR helps Angels beat Diamondbacks 4-1 Updated: Jun-17-15 2:24 am
ANAHEIM, California - Angels manager Mike Scioscia rearranged his batting order, and the results weren't exactly overwhelming - except for a game-changing home run by the new cleanup hitter.
- Arizona's Chase Anderson loses no-hit bid vs Giants in 7th Updated: Jun-13-15 12:33 am
- Cuddyer lifts Mets over Giants 5-4 to prevent 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-12-15 12:53 am
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets got one big hit after another Thursday night. Quite a contrast from the series opener against San Francisco, when they didn't muster any.
- Puig has big night, Kendrick lifts Dodgers over D-backs 7-6 Updated: Jun-11-15 3:15 am
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig is back and he's brought his powerful bat with him.
- Correction: Diamondbacks-Brewers story Updated: Jun-01-15 3:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - In a story May 30 about the Diamondbacks-Brewers game, The Associated Press erroneously described the batting stance of Arizona first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and batting average when he plays in Milwaukee. He hits right-handed and his average at Miller Park was .489 following Saturday's game, not .511.