- North Korea trumpets successful midrange missile launch Updated: Jun-22-16 11:50 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un trumpeted the success of a powerful new midrange ballistic missile test that state media said Thursday propelled one of the weapons more than 1,400 kilometers (870 miles) high, saying it would allow strikes on U.S. forces throughout the region.
- A really big hit in Japan: Suzuki picks off Rose's total Updated: Jun-16-16 3:10 am
TOKYO - Ichiro Suzuki's latest milestone has been a really big hit in Japan.
- Across the world, shock and condemnation at Orlando massacre Updated: Jun-13-16 3:43 pm
From across the world, officials and public figures are expressing condemnation and shock over the Florida mass shooting at the Pulse Orlando nightclub on Sunday, when police say a gunman wielding an assault-type rifle opened fire, killing at least 49 people and wounding dozens.
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa Updated: May-28-16 7:14 am
NAGOYA, Japan - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is sharing a push by the Group of Seven advanced industrial nations to promote inclusive growth across the globe in meetings with leaders of seven developing countries.
- Obama uses Hiroshima visit as opportunity to urge no nukes Updated: May-27-16 3:00 pm
HIROSHIMA, Japan - With an unflinching look back at a painful history, President Barack Obama stood on the hallowed ground of Hiroshima on Friday and declared it a fitting place to summon people everywhere to embrace the vision of a world without nuclear weapons.
- Obama's hug of Hiroshima survivor epitomizes historic visit Updated: May-27-16 8:17 am
HIROSHIMA, Japan - President Barack Obama may have faced the legacy of Hiroshima most directly with his embrace of a man who survived the devastating atomic blast.
- Abe claims success as G-7 leaders back action on economies Updated: May-27-16 6:02 am
SHIMA, Japan - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe claimed success Friday in winning support for his approach to fighting off a possible economic crisis from fellow leaders of the Group of Seven wealthy nations, despite mounting evidence the formula is failing to yield promised results in Japan.
- The Latest: Obama greets atomic bomb survivors in Hiroshima Updated: May-27-16 5:23 am
HIROSHIMA, Japan - The Latest on U.S. President Barack Obama's visit to Hiroshima, Japan (all times local):
- The Latest: G-7 wants to close gaps on fighting extremism Updated: May-27-16 1:03 am
ISE, Japan - The latest news on the Group of Seven summit in Japan, where the leaders of the seven advanced economies are meeting for two days (all times local):
- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.