- China sets aside rancor, offers Japan condolences for quakes Updated: Apr-19-16 1:32 am
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has extended his condolences to Japan's Emperor Akihito over the country's recent deadly earthquakes in a brief respite from the usual rancor between Beijing and Tokyo.
- Russia, Japan agree to leaders' meetings this year Updated: Apr-15-16 8:16 am
TOKYO - Top diplomats from Japan and Russia agreed Friday on scheduling their leaders' meetings this year, starting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's visit to Russia, to deepen relations overshadowed by a World War II territorial dispute and the conflict in Ukraine.
- Russia says Japanese leader Abe may visit in May, meet Putin Updated: Apr-06-16 9:31 am
MOSCOW - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe may visit Russia in May for a long-awaited meeting with President Vladimir Putin, the Kremlin said Wednesday.
- Ukraine leader defends himself in offshore account leaks Updated: Apr-06-16 5:41 am
TOKYO - One day after the prime minister of Iceland resigned, the president of Ukraine defended himself Wednesday in the massive leak of records on offshore accounts that has named political officials, business and celebrities from around the world.
- AP Explains: Why Asian diplomacy is on nuke summit sidelines Updated: Mar-31-16 8:36 am
WASHINGTON - The leaders of China, India, Japan and South Korea are among the heads of government converging on Washington for a summit on countering the nightmarish threat of nuclear terrorism. But with tensions in North Korea and the South China Sea running high, the meetings that Asian leaders have on the sidelines could attract more attention than the summit itself.