- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Presidential candidates to march in July Fourth parades Updated: Jul-04-15 4:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire residents planning to celebrate July Fourth at local parades could catch a glimpse of America's next president. At the very least, they'll see some of the people vying for the job.
- Chafee's campaign leaves some NH Democrats a bit puzzled Updated: Jul-04-15 3:13 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Presidential candidate Lincoln Chafee stands before a few dozen people at a meeting of New Hampshire's Belknap County Democrats. The Republican-turned-independent-turned-Democrat gets nods of approval when he tells them he was the only Republican senator to vote against authorizing the war in Iraq.
- Clinton to miss convention of liberal activists, bloggers Updated: Jun-24-15 11:51 am
ST. LOUIS - Hillary Rodham Clinton is not expected to appear at Netroots Nation, an annual convention of liberal activists and bloggers who are often courted by Democratic presidential candidates.
- Hillary Clinton making fundraising stop in Rhode Island Updated: Jun-10-15 8:04 am
EAST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Hillary Rodham Clinton is making a stop in Rhode Island to raise money for her Democratic bid for president.
- Connecticut Gov. Malloy endorses Clinton for president Updated: Jun-07-15 3:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Sunday endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president, saying she has the best experience to lead the country.