- GOP senators attack top Democrat for defense bill delay Updated: May-25-16 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican senator angrily denounced the Senate's top Democrat Wednesday for delaying debate on defense policy legislation, calling Minority Leader Harry Reid's leadership "cancerous" and accusing him of holding up the $602 billion bill to preserve his "sad, sorry legacy."
- At NRA meeting, Paul urges elimination of gun free zones Updated: May-20-16 5:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Days after securing a re-election match-up with a wealthy Kentucky Democrat, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul declared his support for allowing guns in every school, movie theater and supermarket in America in a speech to the National Rifle Association.
- Senate confirms Obama judicial nominee for Maryland Updated: May-16-16 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Monday narrowly confirmed one of President Barack Obama's nominees to be a federal judge in Maryland, overcoming opposition from some conservatives who felt nominee Paula Xinis was too tough on law enforcement in her career as a lawyer and assistant federal public defender.
- Trump, bathrooms, secession: 5 things from Texas GOP meeting Updated: May-15-16 2:34 am
DALLAS - The Texas Republican Convention began under a "Unite to Win" banner but ended with many delegates still standoffish toward Donald Trump and mourning Ted Cruz's exit from the Republican presidential race. A rundown of one of the biggest state Republican conventions in the U.S. that wrapped up Saturday:
- Cruz shuns Trump, GOP unity; says 'challenges' may lie ahead Updated: May-14-16 7:05 pm
DALLAS - Ted Cruz on Saturday used his first speech since dropping out of the presidential race not to endorse Donald Trump or urge Republican unity behind him, but to maintain that core conservatives can save America. Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, countered by deploying a top surrogate who did his best to woo skeptical Texas conservatives.