- Starwood begins managing hotel run by military in Cuba Updated: Jun-28-16 3:34 pm
HAVANA - American hospitality giant Starwood began managing a hotel owned by the Cuban military on Tuesday, opening one of the biggest holes in the U.S. trade embargo on Cuba since Presidents Barack Obama and Raul Castro declared detente in Dec. 2014.
- Shaq brings US basketball diplomacy to Cuban capital Updated: Jun-26-16 3:57 pm
HAVANA - The Shaq show came to Havana on Sunday as NBA great Shaquille O'Neal put on a basketball clinic for local youngsters, becoming the latest emissary for American outreach to the people of Cuba.
- Young Colombians look ahead to a peace they've never known Updated: Jun-24-16 3:05 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Carlos Ordonez says he has no idea what peace looks like. The 25 year-old's town has been under constant threat from rebels for as long as he remembers.
- Gay Cuban choir Mano a Mano embarks on first US tour Updated: Jun-24-16 2:55 am
LOS ANGELES - Gathered around a keyboard in Los Angeles, conductor Ernesto Lima Parets stopped his singers and told them to try again.
- US hardware arrives in Cuba to protect Hemingway possessions Updated: Jun-16-16 12:03 am
HAVANA - Just before noon outside Ernest Hemingway's Havana estate, a metallic screech cut through the chirping of tropical birds and the sound of a live band entertaining tourists.
- Raul Castro spends 85th birthday preparing for summit Updated: Jun-03-16 8:58 pm
HAVANA - Cuban President Raul Castro spent his 85th birthday preparing to host leaders of Caribbean countries who are meeting in Havana, although he did take a congratulatory phone call from Russian President Vladimir Putin.