- New Orleans, Gulf coast mark Katrina milestone Updated: Aug-30-15 6:22 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Gulf Coast and New Orleans observed the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, one of the deadliest storms in American history, in ways both devout and festive. Church bells rang and brass bands played as people across the storm-ravaged coast remembered the past and looked to the future.
- The Latest: Clinton: Celebrate progress but continue work Updated: Aug-29-15 8:43 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest in the 10th anniversary commemorations of Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- George W. Bush visits disaster zone, 10 years after Katrina Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Former President George W. Bush enjoyed sympathetic audiences in New Orleans and Mississippi on Friday as he returned to the region where Hurricane Katrina sank his popularity 10 years ago.
- The Latest: Former President Bush arrives in Mississippi Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The latest on former President George W. Bush's trip to New Orleans and Gulfport, Mississippi, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- A look at some Mississippi figures from Hurricane Katrina Updated: Aug-26-15 11:37 am
- HALEY BARBOUR: The Mississippi governor was re-elected in 2007 and forced to focus on budget shortfalls during his second term. He was criticized as he left office for granting pardons, clemency or early release to about 200 convicted criminals. Barbour presided over a shift to Republican control of both houses of the Legislature, completed in the 2011 elections when the GOP took over the state House. The former chairman of the Republican National Committee has resumed work as a lobbyist, written a memoir about Katrina called "America's Great Storm" and promoted his Katrina legacy in recent months. "Our recovery from Katrina is also the story of strong, resilient, self-reliant people who were knocked flat but then got back on their feet, hitched up their britches, and went to work helping themselves and helping their neighbors," Barbour wrote.
- Wal-Mart makes $25M commitment as Katrina anniversary nears Updated: Aug-21-15 8:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - With the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina approaching, Wal-Mart is announcing a $25 million, five-year commitment to support disaster recovery efforts around the world.
- Ex-President Bush to commemorate Katrina in Gulfport Updated: Aug-20-15 2:07 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will visit Gulfport on Aug. 28 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.