- Taking on Bush and Rubio, Clinton calls for Cuba embargo end Updated: Jul-31-15 4:16 pm
MIAMI - Drawing a sharp distinction with Republican rivals in the pivotal election state of Florida, Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday called on the GOP-run Congress to end the trade embargo the U.S. has imposed on Cuba since 1962
- Antonio Banderas to star in Starz series 'Cuban Quartet' Updated: Jul-31-15 4:07 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Starz is developing "Cuban Quartet," a series starring Antonio Banderas.
- Neighborhoods: African-American history and more in Harlem Updated: Jul-28-15 10:30 am
NEW YORK - Decades of African-American history have made Harlem one of America's most famous neighborhoods. It's also an essential destination for visitors to New York, offering art, architecture, restaurants, shopping and more.
- New Mexico police want 1971 fugitive returned from Cuba Updated: Jul-23-15 9:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico State Police chief said Thursday he would personally pay for a return ticket for a fugitive living in Cuba who is wanted in the killing of a state police officer and who fled during a plane hijacking.
- Cuban consulate possibility divides Miami, Tampa officials Updated: Jul-22-15 4:09 pm
MIAMI - Now that Cuba has an embassy again in Washington, D.C., consulates could be coming to serve its people, most of whom live in Florida. Miami and Tampa have the closest historical ties to the island, but they have very different things to say about the idea.
- Poll: Majority of Americans favor diplomatic ties with Cuba Updated: Jul-21-15 7:39 am
WASHINGTON - Nearly three-fourths of Americans think the United States should have diplomatic ties with Cuba, but they're not sure how far to go in lifting sanctions, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll released Monday as full diplomatic relations between the two countries were formally restored.
- Grievances persist despite start of new era in US-Cuba ties Updated: Jul-20-15 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cuban national flag fluttered in the Washington sun Monday as the U.S. and Cuba formally ended more than a half-century of estrangement, formally re-establishing relations severed at the height of the Cold War. But the symbolism of an embassy ceremony could not conceal deep, lingering conflicts between the nations.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for July 21 Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Timeline of key dates in US relations with Cuba Updated: Jul-20-15 12:19 am
Timeline of key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Cuba, US improve relations, but sports defections continue Updated: Jul-19-15 6:17 pm
TORONTO - The manager of Cuba's baseball team at the Pan Am Games wanted nothing to do with questions about defections to the United States.
- Cubans facing deportation await changes in US-Cuba relations Updated: Jul-18-15 3:15 am
MIAMI - With the United States and Cuba inching closer to fully restoring diplomatic ties, including re-opening embassies for the first time in 54 years, the future is murky for tens of thousands of Cuban immigrants who have been ordered by immigration authorities to leave the country.