- Cuba to legalize small and medium-sized private businesses Updated: May-24-16 3:28 pm
HAVANA - Cuba announced Tuesday that it will legalize small- and medium-sized private businesses in a move that could significantly expand private enterprise in one of the world's last communist countries.
- Vin Diesel, Chanel spark cultural backlash in Cuba Updated: May-20-16 2:32 pm
HAVANA - "Fast and Furious." U.S. cruise ships. A star-studded private celebration of Chanel.
- Long-time AP photographer Edward Kolenovsky dies at 87 Updated: May-17-16 8:39 pm
HOUSTON - Edward F. Kolenovsky, who covered the development of the U.S. space program, prize fights and many other major events during a long career as an Associated Press photographer, died Tuesday. He was 87.
- Top Cuba diplomat: Obama trip positive, created momentum Updated: May-16-16 9:57 pm
HAVANA - President Barack Obama's trip to Cuba advanced the normalization of relations between the Cold War foes and created momentum for more cooperation on agriculture, medicine and law enforcement, Cuba's top diplomat on U.S. affairs said Monday.
- Cheering Cubans greet first cruise ship from US in decades Updated: May-02-16 3:34 pm
HAVANA - Greeted with rum drinks and salsa dancers, the first passengers to cruise from the U.S. to Cuba in nearly 40 years streamed Monday into a crowd cheering the rebirth of commercial travel on waters that served as a stage for a half-century of Cold War hostility.
- Cuba finds it hard to dampen afterglow of Obama visit Updated: Apr-29-16 9:26 am
HAVANA - Thursday morning was looking bad for Lazaro Martinez, who makes his living playing trombone for tourists on the Malecon, the sweeping boulevard overlooking the jewel-clear Florida Straits.
- In 'Papa,' Hemingway returns to Cuba via the silver screen Updated: Apr-28-16 11:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Ernest Hemingway left Cuba shortly after Fidel Castro's revolution, as relations with the United States began to fall into a deep freeze. Over five decades later, the author of "The Old Man and the Sea" returns to the island thanks to the magic of the silver screen.