- Wall's triple-double leads Wizards to 106-94 win over 76ers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Wizards coach Randy Wittman loved John Wall's defensive rebounding. Philadelphia coach Brett Brown compared Wall to a Maserati.
- Review: Lucinda Williams' new album isn't a fun listen Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 am
Singer-songwriter Lucinda Williams digs deeper into raw, mystical electric blues on her new double album, "The Ghosts of Highway 20." Focused on faith, death, the afterlife and rural Southern settings, "Highway 20" sounds like a William Faulkner novel put to music.
- Halftime at the big game is among the top culture Updated: Feb-03-16 8:24 pm
NEW YORK - Warren Duncan has something in common with Madonna, Beyonce, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen and Prince - and doesn't hesitate to let his grandchildren know about it every year about this time.
- The 10-time Grammy winner you don't know about but should Updated: Feb-03-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - His role is at the finish line of an album - helping it sound as perfect as possible before it's available to the masses. He's won 10 Grammys, including three consecutive wins for album of the year from 2013-2015. And he's collaborated with contemporary leaders like Pharrell and Daft Punk to iconic acts like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Feb-03-16 10:59 am
ALBANY, New York - Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Besting Bowie and Adele, Panic! at the Disco hits No. 1 Updated: Feb-01-16 2:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Debuting at No. 1 is certainly an accomplishment, but bumping artists like David Bowie and Adele down the music charts has Panic! at the Disco's Brendon Urie simply gobsmacked.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.
- Bruce Springsteen's tour showcases new way of serving fans Updated: Jan-28-16 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Bruce Springsteen's tour showcasing his 1980 album "The River" is more than an exercise in nostalgia. It's a telling example of how veteran artists are adjusting to the new realities of the music business by super-serving their longtime fans.
- Sting, Peter Gabriel announce 'Rock Paper Scissors' tour Updated: Jan-19-16 11:37 am
LONDON - Sting and Peter Gabriel had so much fun the last time they toured together they thought they'd do it again.
- Billy Joel to play Fenway Park for 3rd consecutive year Updated: Jan-14-16 1:58 pm
BOSTON - The Piano Man is returning to Fenway Park.
- Original song nominees at Oscars is battle of the pop stars Updated: Jan-14-16 12:50 pm
NEW YORK - The race for best original song at the Academy Awards is a full-blown battle of the 20-something pop stars, with Lady Gaga, Sam Smith and the Weeknd up for the honor this year.
- Timeline of events in the life of actor Sean Penn Updated: Jan-10-16 4:56 pm
A timeline of events highlighting the screen career, personal life and political activism of Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn:
- Beyonce to perform at Super Bowl halftime show next month Updated: Jan-07-16 8:27 pm
NEW YORK - Beyonce is returning to the Super Bowl halftime show.