- Penguins GM Jim Rutherford gets new deal after title season Updated: Jul-01-16 4:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford arrived in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2014, he figured he'd be around two or three years tops. It's one promise the general manager is happy to break.
- NHL teams' focus turns to 'Big Fish' in free agency: Stamkos Updated: Jun-26-16 7:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - As team executives began gathering on the arena floor an hour before the start of the NHL draft's second round Saturday morning, a video highlighting former No. 1 selections began playing on the big-screen video boards.
- Cup winners again, Penguins have shot at lengthy run at top Updated: Jun-13-16 3:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - When the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 2009, a dynasty appeared to be in the offing. It didn't quite work out that way. Injuries and inconsistent postseason play sent the franchise into a full-fledged identity crisis.
- Penguins beat Sharks 3-1 for 4th Stanley Cup title Updated: Jun-13-16 12:50 am
SAN JOSE, California - Sidney Crosby let out a scream as he lifted the Stanley Cup above his head, a wide smile spread across his face.
- The Latest: Crosby hands Cup to injured D Trevor Daley Updated: Jun-12-16 11:13 pm
- Penguins miss out on opportunity to win Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-10-16 12:45 am
- Rutherford's rapid makeover paying dividends for Penguins Updated: Jun-09-16 2:53 am
PITTSBURGH - Tasked two summers ago with rebooting a franchise whose window for success around stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin appeared to be closing, Jim Rutherford didn't tinker. He gutted.
- Sullivan pushing all the right buttons for Penguins Updated: Jun-07-16 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - There is no magic button, even if the correlation between Mike Sullivan's deft attempts to a get player's attention and that player almost immediately elevating his game is unmistakable.
- Rookies making major impact for Penguins Updated: Jun-02-16 5:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - It's easy to get awestruck the first time a new face walks into the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room.
- Penguins edge Sharks 2-1, take 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup Final Updated: Jun-02-16 12:59 am
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby enters the faceoff circle with a plan every time, well aware it will almost certainly evaporate once the puck smacks the ice.