- Penguins GM Jim Rutherford gets new deal after title season Updated: Jul-01-16 4:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford arrived in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2014, he figured he'd be around two or three years tops. It's one promise the general manager is happy to break.
- 400,000 fans greet Pittsburgh Penguins at Stanley Cup parade Updated: Jun-15-16 10:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins turned around a once-disappointing season and fired a coach before winning a fourth Stanley Cup, adversity that seemed to make Wednesday's city-wide celebration that much sweeter.
- Cup winners again, Penguins have shot at lengthy run at top Updated: Jun-13-16 3:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - When the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 2009, a dynasty appeared to be in the offing. It didn't quite work out that way. Injuries and inconsistent postseason play sent the franchise into a full-fledged identity crisis.
- Penguins beat Sharks 3-1 for 4th Stanley Cup title Updated: Jun-13-16 12:50 am
SAN JOSE, California - Sidney Crosby let out a scream as he lifted the Stanley Cup above his head, a wide smile spread across his face.
- Penguins miss out on opportunity to win Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-10-16 12:45 am
- Rutherford's rapid makeover paying dividends for Penguins Updated: Jun-09-16 2:53 am
PITTSBURGH - Tasked two summers ago with rebooting a franchise whose window for success around stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin appeared to be closing, Jim Rutherford didn't tinker. He gutted.
- Sharks better, but still fall to Penguins in Game 2 Updated: Jun-02-16 1:24 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Jose Sharks thought they improved from Game 1 to Game 2 in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Penguins edge Sharks 2-1, take 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup Final Updated: Jun-02-16 12:59 am
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby enters the faceoff circle with a plan every time, well aware it will almost certainly evaporate once the puck smacks the ice.