- For Trump and Brexit voters, echoes of the same frustrations Updated: Jun-26-16 8:26 pm
MAYBOLE, Scotland - At the heart of the campaign that led Britain to vote to leave the European Union was a desire to regain independence lost amid a globalized world. It's the same kind of feeling that Donald Trump rode to become the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S., where he campaigns to put "America first" and "make America great again."
- Rainbow flags, images of shooting victims at pride parades Updated: Jun-26-16 7:46 pm
NEW YORK - Rainbow flags were held high along with portraits of the dead as thousands of people marched Sunday in gay pride parades tempered by this month's massacre at a Florida gay nightclub.
- More storms on tap for flood-ravaged West Virginia Updated: Jun-26-16 7:11 pm
ANSTED, West Virginia - As West Virginians continued surveying damage in a state so devastated by floods that one said her community "smelled like death," residents braced for the prospect of more rain.
- Democrats elect new leadership; Moak wins party chair Updated: Jun-26-16 6:04 pm
The Mississippi Democratic Party elected new leaders to head the organization for the next four years, including former House minority leader Bobby Moak as party chair, the organization said in a statement Sunday.
- Shaq brings US basketball diplomacy to Cuban capital Updated: Jun-26-16 3:57 pm
HAVANA - The Shaq show came to Havana on Sunday as NBA great Shaquille O'Neal put on a basketball clinic for local youngsters, becoming the latest emissary for American outreach to the people of Cuba.
- The Latest: Hillary Clinton Marching in NYC gay pride parade Updated: Jun-26-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on gay pride parades nationwide (all times local):
- Argentina's 'stolen babies' seek truth, face ghosts Updated: Jun-26-16 3:21 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Pedro Sandoval stopped celebrating Mother's Day, Father's Day and even his own birthday after he found out the truth: The mom and dad he knew growing up had stolen him from his biological parents, who were kidnapped, tortured and never heard from again during Argentina's 1976-1983 military dictatorship.
- The Latest: More flooding possible Monday in West Virginia Updated: Jun-26-16 2:15 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on flooding that has devastated parts of West Virginia (all times local):
- Kerry urges Britain, EU to manage their divorce responsibly Updated: Jun-26-16 8:18 am
ROME - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday urged Britain and the European Union to manage their divorce responsibly for the sake of global markets and citizens, a day before he was to become the first senior American official to visit London and Brussels since the United Kingdom's historic referendum.
- India irked by China stalling its nuclear group membership Updated: Jun-26-16 7:15 am
NEW DELHI - India expressed disappointment Sunday with China for raising procedural hurdles to the South Asian country joining the 48-nation group controlling access to sensitive nuclear technology.
- Draft of Dems' policy positions reflects Sanders' influence Updated: Jun-25-16 8:00 pm
ST. LOUIS - A draft of the Democratic Party's policy positions reflects the influence of Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign: endorsing steps to break up large Wall Street banks, advocating a $15 hourly wage, urging an end to the death penalty.
- 2 unions, NJ Transit reach tentative deals on rail contracts Updated: Jun-25-16 5:10 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two remaining rail unions negotiating with New Jersey Transit have reached tentative agreements with the agency, all sides confirmed Saturday.
- Business promotion and politics par for Trump's golf tour Updated: Jun-25-16 4:03 pm
ABERDEENSHIRE, Scotland - Donald Trump moved from hole to hole on his wind-swept Scotland golf course Saturday, not a club in hand but promotion on his mind, extolling North Sea views that are among "the great sights of the world."
- Certainty Obama once had about Britain has been shattered Updated: Jun-25-16 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama could count on Britain to back him at nearly every turn during his first 7½ years in office. He knew British leaders had the global clout and shared perspective to be powerful U.S. partners.
- Young Maine teen may be youngest Democratic delegate in US Updated: Jun-25-16 12:25 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Trevor Doiron isn't old enough to vote until late July. But when he does, he'll be voting for Hillary Clinton as one of the youngest national Democratic delegates this year.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Jun-25-16 10:46 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Analysis: Eldridge tests state's gun stance in Senate bid Updated: Jun-25-16 10:44 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - During his re-election bid two years ago, Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor touted his opposition to legislation expanding background checks for firearms sales and wore the criticism he faced from gun control advocates as a badge of honor. His reward was being defeated by a Republican challenger who enjoyed an advertising blitz on his behalf by the National Rifle Association.
- Obama tells Democratic donors 'it's up to you' on gun laws Updated: Jun-25-16 12:09 am
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama has told Democratic donors in Washington state that "it's up to you" after the failure to move ahead with gun legislation in the wake of the Orlando shootings.
- Oil train protesters briefly disrupt Obama speech Updated: Jun-24-16 11:16 pm
SEATTLE - Protesters objecting to crude oil shipments on Northwest railways briefly interrupted President Barack Obama's remarks in Seattle on Friday night.
- The Latest: Delegate files suit to avoid voting for Trump Updated: Jun-24-16 11:01 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- The Latest: Oil train protesters disrupt Obama speech Updated: Jun-24-16 10:33 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on President Barack Obama's fundraising trip to Seattle (all times local):
- Fiorina campaigns for Rand Paul in Kentucky Senate race Updated: Jun-24-16 10:10 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Carly Fiorina is campaigning for Rand Paul in Kentucky, reuniting the two one-time presidential candidates as part of the Kentucky senator's slow but steady re-election campaign.
- Former IG fired by Obama over investigation dies at 84 Updated: Jun-24-16 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - Gerald Walpin, a former inspector general for the federal AmeriCorps program who was fired by President Barack Obama over his handling of an investigation into a California mayor and Obama supporter, has died. He was 84.
- North Carolina governor, challenger clash over LGBT law Updated: Jun-24-16 8:32 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - North Carolina's law limiting protections for LGBT people took center stage Friday in the state's first gubernatorial debate between the incumbent who signed the law and his challenger who wants to repeal it.
- California News Digest 4 pm Updated: Jun-24-16 7:16 pm
Hello! Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in California. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Los Angeles bureau at 213-626-1200, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the AP-San Francisco bureau at 415-495-1708, email@example.com. Andrew Dalton is on the news desk. AP-California News Editor Frank Baker can be reached at 213-626-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.