- Peavy, Giants give up 12 in 3rd inning of 13-1 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-30-16 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jake Peavy has an 8.61 ERA after five starts, and some of his other numbers are even worse. Still, the San Francisco pitcher is confident he'll come around.
- Cespedes has 6 RBIs during Mets' record 12-run inning vs SF Updated: Apr-30-16 12:16 am
NEW YORK - For a while there, it seemed as though the New York Mets would never make another out.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- DeGrom makes successful return, Mets sweep Braves Updated: Apr-24-16 6:16 pm
ATLANTA - Back on the mound, Jacob deGrom was back in control.
- Bourjos' infield single in 11th lifts Phillies over Mets 5-4 Updated: Apr-21-16 12:22 am
PHILADELPHIA - A couple more homers weren't enough to give the New York Mets a sweep.
- Bourjos' infield single in 11th lifts Phillies over Mets 5-4 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Peter Bourjos found a perfect spot in the lineup - ninth behind the pitcher.
- Matz strikes out career-high 9 as Mets beat Indians 6-0 Updated: Apr-17-16 5:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Steven Matz made his first regular-season loss seem like a distant memory.
- 8 games in, Collins said Mets 'had to win' against Marlins Updated: Apr-13-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Ahead by two runs, Mets manager Terry Collins brought in Jeurys Familia for the third straight day.
- Phillies beat Mets 5-2 behind Hellickson to take 2 of 3 Updated: Apr-10-16 5:52 pm
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.
- Matz dominates, Mets beat Cubs 8-1 in final spring tuneup Updated: Apr-01-16 7:26 pm
- Armed and ready: Cespedes, Mets prepare to play favorites Updated: Apr-01-16 11:40 am
NEW YORK - That surprising run to the World Series last season did a couple of significant things for the New York Mets: It reinvigorated a struggling franchise - and put a sizable target square on its back.