- Jon Stewart signing off 'Daily Show' fake newscast for real Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 pm
NEW YORK - After more than 16 years and nearly 2,600 telecasts, Jon Stewart can feel proud of his scads of Emmys and his pair of Peabody Awards, his cultural gravitas (he hung with the Prez, both on and off the air!), even his reprobate status at Fox News.
- A few stellar 'Daily Show' alums (besides Jon Stewart) Updated: Jul-30-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - You want a great career in comedy? Start by landing a job as a correspondent on "The Daily Show"! Under Jon Stewart's 16-year-long run as host, it became one of TV's best launching pads.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- The Latest: Handler admits to a fascination with Dolezal Updated: Jul-28-15 5:53 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Here's the latest from the Television Critics Association summer meeting in Beverly Hills, California, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs (all times local):
- Broadcast's best on sidelines in Emmy nominations Updated: Jul-16-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - A broadcast network is still the best place for a television event to get notice. That holds no sway with Emmy voters, though.
- 'Game of Thrones' earns a leading 24 Emmy Award nominations Updated: Jul-16-15 2:02 pm
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - The elaborate fantasy saga "Game of Thrones" received a leading 24 Emmy Awards nominations Thursday, its stature apparently untouched by backlash over a female character's rape scene.
- Who will make us laugh during upcoming presidential campaign Updated: Jul-06-15 9:44 am
NEW YORK - A presidential campaign is beginning without late-night television hosts who helped us laugh through past ones, both a cultural loss and an opportunity for new voices.