- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Kirk tweets picture of Obama thank you for meeting Garland Updated: Apr-07-16 12:31 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois has tweeted a photo of a note from President Barack Obama thanking him for meeting with Supreme Court nominee Judge Merrick Garland.
- Cruz's winning ways have yet to win over fellow GOP senators Updated: Apr-07-16 3:28 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ted Cruz is increasingly winning over voters to his presidential bid. He's still not winning over fellow Republican senators.
- Obama lauds Duckworth's service to veterans amid GOP attack Updated: Apr-06-16 10:19 am
CHICAGO - President Barack Obama has officially endorsed Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth for Senate, saying "few people fight as passionately for our veterans."
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Joining immigration fight against Obama Updated: Apr-04-16 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Forty-three Republican senators on Monday joined the legal challenge to President Barack Obama's actions on immigration, arguing that the president overstepped his constitutional authority in unilaterally expanding programs for immigrants.
- Senate GOP strategy for dealing with Trump: Keep it local Updated: Apr-04-16 5:36 pm
WASHINGTON - For months Donald Trump has dominated the political scene like no other. But listen to endangered Senate Republicans as they campaign for re-election and you might not even know he exists.