- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Report: $7M in repairs needed for S. Illinois housing units Updated: Nov-22-15 1:27 pm
CAIRO, Illinois - A new report says it will cost more than $7 million to make two apartment complexes operated by a troubled Southern Illinois public housing authority suitable for residents.
- House OK of GOP Syrian refugee curbs is just start of fight Updated: Nov-20-15 10:00 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans have embarrassed President Barack Obama by winning veto-proof House approval of legislation blocking Syrian and Iraqi refugees from the U.S., but from here the effort may take a different turn in Congress.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-18-15 12:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from nearly two dozen states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-17-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from Texas and 22 other states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- Ex-NFL player makes Dem primary for US Senate a 3-way race Updated: Nov-17-15 2:37 pm
HARVEY, Illinois - A former professional football player-turned-Illinois lawmaker has joined the Democratic race for U.S. Senate, setting up a three-way contest to take on Republican Mark Kirk.
- Illinois makes big offer in its bid for new spy agency home Updated: Nov-16-15 7:01 pm
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Illinois - Southwestern Illinois is trying to one-up Missouri by offering more than double the amount of free land it will make available as the states compete for a federal spy agency's new regional headquarters.
- US Senate candidates split on accepting Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-16-15 2:44 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' U.S. Senate candidates are divided over whether the United States should accept refugees from the crisis in Syria following recent terrorist attacks.
- Budget Deal winners: Obama, Pentagon while tea partyers lose Updated: Oct-29-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Count President Barack Obama, the Pentagon and new Speaker Paul Ryan as winners in the hard-fought budget deal between congressional leaders and the White House.