- Workplace retaliation suit against Tammy Duckworth settled Updated: Jun-24-16 10:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A settlement in the workplace retaliation lawsuit against U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth concluded Friday with an agreement that no law was violated, removing an obstacle in her bid to unseat Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk in one of November's most competitive Senate races.
- The Latest: Workplace lawsuit against Duckworth settled Updated: Jun-24-16 10:18 pm
JONESBORO, Illinois - The Latest on a settlement of a workplace retaliation lawsuit filed against U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois(all times local):
- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Rauner chief of staff leaves, names replacement Updated: Jun-10-16 4:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The chief of staff to Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner is leaving the post to work on Republican legislative races this fall.
- SC Dems: Trump is a 'threat'; withdraw your endorsements Updated: Jun-08-16 5:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top Democrat is calling on elected Republicans to rescind their endorsements of Donald Trump, saying Wednesday that the presumptive GOP nominee is a racist and xenophobe, in part due to his race-based attacks on a Hispanic judge.
- News Guide: Clinton, Trump sharpen contrasts for matchup Updated: Jun-08-16 7:09 am
WASHINGTON - With a splash of history and a dose of reassurance, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Donald Trump claimed their parties' presidential nominations and are turning their political guns on each other.
- The Latest: Clinton wins Democratic primary in California Updated: Jun-08-16 6:30 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on California's primary election (all times local):
- The Latest: Sanders wins Democratic primary in Montana Updated: Jun-08-16 2:14 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota vote. (all times Eastern):
- GOP Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't support Trump for president Updated: Jun-07-16 6:07 pm
CHICAGO - Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk said Tuesday that Donald Trump's recent comments about a federal judge of Mexican descent are "un-American" and he cannot support the GOP's presumptive presidential nominee - a reversal that came amid intensifying criticism from Democrats, including rival U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Illinois Gov. Rauner says he's 'disgusted' by Trump comments Updated: Jun-07-16 5:26 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner says he's "disgusted" by Donald Trump's comments that a judge of Mexican heritage can't preside fairly over a case involving Trump University because Trump wants to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.