- State workers' suit against Duckworth spills into Senate bid Updated: Aug-04-15 1:36 pm
JONESBORO, Illinois - A civil lawsuit alleging ethics violations nearly a decade ago has become an issue in a Democratic congresswoman's bid to unseat first-term Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk in what is expected to be one of the most competitive 2016 Senate races.
- More fights ahead on Planned Parenthood after Senate vote Updated: Aug-04-15 1:19 pm
WASHINGTON - After the Senate's derailing of Republican legislation halting federal dollars for Planned Parenthood, one thing seems clear: Many on both sides think they can ring up gains from the battle.
- Task force hopes to help Mitsubishi and its employees Updated: Aug-02-15 5:05 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Officials in Bloomington, Normal and McLean County have set up a task force to help Mitsubishi Motors employees who will soon lose their jobs and help the company as it tries to find a buyer for its central Illinois auto plant.
- South Carolina senator backs Mark Kirk's re-election bid Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
CHICAGO - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham brought his Republican presidential campaign to Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, where he voiced his support of Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's bid for re-election.
- GOP leaders rally around Kirk after fundraiser's criticism Updated: Jul-29-15 10:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Republicans rallied around first-term U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Wednesday after a top fundraiser briefly suggested that the moderate elected to Barack Obama's former seat should abandon his re-election bid due to a recent series of public gaffes.
- Kirk's public comments, gaffes raise questions Updated: Jul-29-15 6:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk, a first-term Illinois Republican whose seat is key for his party in the 2016 election, has raised questions in recent months with a number of public gaffes. This week, a prominent GOP fundraiser suggested that Kirk step aside for another Republican in the election, then quickly recanted the idea.
- Kirk explains critical comments about Iran deal Updated: Jul-18-15 3:58 am
CHICAGO - Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk says he allowed his anger to get the best of him as he criticized the multinational agreement designed to keep Iran from attaining nuclear weapons.
- City celebrates 3 Chicago players on US World Cup team Updated: Jul-06-15 10:00 am
CHICAGO - Three Chicago Red Stars players are on the U.S. women's soccer team that won the World Cup and the city is celebrating.