- 2015 Essence Festival draws almost half a million Updated: Jul-06-15 5:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Nearly half a million people attended this year's Essence Festival held in New Orleans over the Fourth of July weekend.
- Jhene Aiko in a pop culture moment thanks to 'Post to Be' Updated: Jul-03-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - Three Grammy nominations didn't hurt, but it's a bit of naughty lyric offering new meaning to the consumption of groceries that has propelled Jhene Aiko's popularity.
- Deepak Chopra to counsel Essence Festival participants Updated: Jul-01-15 5:40 am
NEW ORLEANS - A new face will be among those counseling Essence Festival participants as part of the festival's empowerment experience.
- Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce win big at BET Awards Updated: Jun-29-15 1:18 am
Though she was absent, Beyonce won three BET Awards, including video of the year for "7/11," while Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj also won multiple awards at the all-star show Sunday night.
- Stereotype-busting 'Dope' moves to beat of a new generation Updated: Jun-17-15 6:10 pm
CANNES, France - "Dope" began in the ears of Rick Famuyiwa.
- Trust sparks stronger brotherhood among Mumford & Sons Updated: Jun-12-15 2:35 am
NEW YORK - Marcus Mumford knows his band is mainly named after himself, but he says members of the group have built a stronger trust among one another, and that's evident on their new album.
- Police: 61 arrested, 10 troopers injured at concert Updated: Jun-08-15 6:16 pm
Radio hosts at the New York station that sponsors the country's largest one-day hip-hop music festival took to the airwaves to scold concertgoers who threw bottles and rushed the gates, prompting police to fire tear gas into the crowd and arrest 61 people. But one DJ said the melee should not overshadow an event that's been going on for 23 years.