- Reds swept by Cubs 9-2 after Rizzo hits inside-the-park HR Updated: Jun-29-16 5:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Left fielder Adam Duvall and center fielder Billy Hamilton called for the ball at the same time. Neither one got it, setting up another bad moment for a Reds team that can't seem to do anything right lately.
- Rizzo legs out inside-the-park HR, Cubs sweep Reds 9-2 Updated: Jun-29-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo saw the ball ricochet across the outfield and kicked his legs into high gear, deciding he was going to try to touch 'em all. His sides were aching by the time he slid safely into home plate.
- Reds sent JJ Hoover back to minors after rough outing Updated: Jun-29-16 12:21 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds optioned reliever J.J. Hoover to Triple-A Louisville on Wednesday, a few hours after his latest rough outing set a club record.
- Bour's early slam not enough as Marlins lose to Cubs 5-4 Updated: Jun-24-16 11:59 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins erased an early four-run deficit with Justin Bour's first-inning grand slam, and then managed only one hit the rest of the night.
- Prospect Contreras homers in 1st at-bat, Cubs sweep Pirates Updated: Jun-20-16 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Prized prospect Willson Contreras received a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate in the sixth inning for his first major league at-bat.
- Lester allows no earned runs as Cubs rout Braves 13-2 Updated: Jun-12-16 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester stopped himself as he started to say he hoped the Cubs could keep winning at their current pace.
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo removed from lineup with back tightness Updated: Jun-10-16 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - First baseman Anthony Rizzo has been scratched from the Chicago Cubs' lineup against the Atlanta Braves due to back tightness.
- Corbin, Diamondbacks end Arrieta's win streak, beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Patrick Corbin knew what he was up against, with the Diamondbacks trying to snap Jake Arrieta's historic win streak and avoid a sweep by the major league-leading Cubs.
- Arrieta's win streak ends at 20, Diamondbacks beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta had been winning at such a remarkable rate it was almost jarring to see the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner lose a game.
- Hendricks sharp, Cubs break loose with 4 HRs, beat Dodgers Updated: Jun-02-16 6:41 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Hendricks is suddenly pitching deep into games and dominating while he's doing it. His latest outing was about as impressive as the complete game he threw in his previous start.