- Another Arizona immigration law dismantled by the courts Updated: Jun-01-15 6:37 pm
PHOENIX - The U.S. Supreme Court landed the final blow against an Arizona law that denied bail to immigrants who are in the country illegally and are charged with certain felonies, marking the latest in a series of state immigration policies that have since been thrown out by the courts.
- High court throws out conviction for Facebook threats Updated: Jun-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday threw out the conviction of a Pennsylvania man prosecuted for making threats on Facebook, but dodged the free-speech issues that had made the case intriguing to First Amendment advocates.
- Justices boost workplace religious protections Updated: Jun-01-15 1:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court strengthened civil rights protections Monday for employees and job applicants who need special treatment in the workplace because of their religious beliefs.
- Justices reverse deportation of man over minor drug crime Updated: Jun-01-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has overturned the deportation of a Tunisian man whose crime was possessing drug paraphernalia.
- Supreme Court to hear Texas Senate districts case Updated: May-26-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear an important case about whether states must count only those who are eligible to vote, rather than the total population, when drawing electoral districts for their legislatures.
- Sharp-tongued Democratic Rep. Winkler to resign, move abroad Updated: May-21-15 1:24 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota Democratic legislator who fought to raise the minimum wage and is known for speeches that mocked Republican rivals as well as politicians in his own party said Thursday he will give up his seat in the state House as his family moves abroad.
- Brunt of Supreme Court tax ruling to fall on Maryland county Updated: May-19-15 5:55 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The brunt of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a Maryland tax will fall on one county.
- Supreme Court strikes down Maryland tax law Updated: May-18-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday struck down as unconstitutional a Maryland tax that has the effect of double-taxing income residents earn in other states.