- Justices uphold extortion conspiracy conviction Updated: May-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has upheld the conspiracy conviction of a former Baltimore police officer for his role in a repair shop extortion scheme.
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.
- High court sides with police officer in free speech case Updated: Apr-26-16 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a New Jersey police officer who was demoted after his boss mistakenly believed he was involved in a political campaign can still bring a lawsuit alleging a violation of free speech rights.
- High court tie lets states face lawsuits in other states Updated: Apr-19-16 12:09 pm
WASHINGTON - A tie vote from the Supreme Court means California officials can be hauled into a Nevada state court to face allegations in a long-running tax dispute with a Nevada inventor.
- Justices extend ruling on repeat offenders' prison terms Updated: Apr-18-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday voted 7-1 to extend its year-old ruling that makes people convicted of repeated violent crimes eligible for reduced prison terms.
- Clarence Thomas summons empathy from Pierce in new HBO drama Updated: Apr-13-16 9:17 am
NEW YORK - It's impressive how Wendell Pierce confronts the challenge of his latest role, that of Clarence Thomas: with a hearty dose of empathy.