- US women react to facing Japan in final Updated: Jul-01-15 11:06 pm
Bring it on.
- FIFA article draws criticism for referring to Morgan's looks Updated: Jun-30-15 8:21 pm
MONTREAL - Critics took aim at FIFA on social media Tuesday after FIFA.com referenced American forward Alex Morgan's looks in an article posted in advance of the United States' match against Germany in the semifinals of the Women's World Cup.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- Sports world reacts to Supreme Court gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 4:04 pm
Some reaction in sports on Twitter to the Supreme Court's decision that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States:
- FIFA issues warning to Wambach after officiating remarks Updated: Jun-25-15 10:33 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - FIFA has issued a warning to U.S. forward Abby Wambach for comments she made about the officiating in a match against Colombia at the Women's World Cup.
- Morgan, Lloyd score in 2-0 US victory over Colombia Updated: Jun-23-15 12:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Now that Alex Morgan has a goal, she doesn't want to look back on the opportunities she's missed.
- Wambach's goal gives US a 1-0 win over Nigeria Updated: Jun-17-15 12:48 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach is used to scoring with her head. She's not sure how she got her latest goal.
- Leroux won't likely be booed this time Updated: Jun-16-15 4:41 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - U.S. forward Sydney Leroux was born in Canada and grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver. But because her father is American, at 14 she moved to Arizona in hopes of playing for the U.S. team.
- Solo poses dilemma for US Soccer Updated: Jun-14-15 7:12 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Once one of the prominent faces of the U.S. women's team, promoted alongside stars like Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, Hope Solo is now largely relegated to the background while she faces continued scrutiny over a domestic assault case last year.
- US and Sweden play to 0-0 group-stage draw Updated: Jun-12-15 11:42 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Meghan Klingenberg - not Hope Solo - made the biggest save of the night for the United States.
- US ignoring former coach Pia Sundhage's comments Updated: Jun-10-15 8:30 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - The U.S. national team is dismissing critical comments that former coach Pia Sundhage made about some of the team's players.
- Rapinoe scores twice as US beats Australia 3-1 in opener Updated: Jun-09-15 2:22 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - For her second goal of the night against Australia, U.S. midfielder Megan Rapinoe channeled Lionel Messi.
- US holds 1st training session in Canada for World Cup Updated: Jun-03-15 9:31 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Alex Morgan was back for the U.S. national team's first practice in Canada in preparation for the Women's World Cup.