- Gonzalez improves, but Nationals fall to Cardinals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:23 am
ST. LOUIS - Washington left-hander Gio Gonzalez took a positive step forward on Monday night.
- Heyward's double keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:14 am
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward decided to cut loose for a change.
- Cardinals rally, lose in ninth on Tomlinson winning single Updated: Aug-29-15 2:17 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Michael Wacha is never surprised that the St. Louis Cardinals find a way to come back even if behind big early.
- Cardinals put closer Trevor Rosenthal on paternity list Updated: Aug-28-15 10:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was put on the paternity leave list Friday as the club opened a weekend series at San Francisco.
- Maness gets key outs in 8th as Cardinals beat D-backs 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 2:26 am
PHOENIX - Seth Maness came into the game in a tight spot and got some big outs for St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals draw on deep reservoir of talent to lead baseball Updated: Aug-20-15 5:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Building the best record in the major leagues is hard work.
- Molina's homer pushes Cardinals past Giants 4-3 Updated: Aug-19-15 11:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny guessed right batting Yadier Molina cleanup for the first time all season.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Wacha wins 13th, Cardinals beat Reds 3-0 to take series Updated: Aug-06-15 5:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The mound was slippery, the rain was steady, the bullpen was exhausted. Michael Wacha overcame all of it for another win.
- Cardinals' Moss helps new team win with game-ending single Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brandon Moss felt as if he got a new baseball life after he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.