- Reds miss big chance, Wong's slam sends Cardinals to 4-1 win Updated: Jul-28-15 1:08 am
ST. LOUIS - The Cincinnati Reds had Lance Lynn in trouble early, loading the bases with nobody out in the third inning and their cleanup man due up.
- Wong's slam paces Cardinals' 4-1 win over Reds Updated: Jul-28-15 12:13 am
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong came through with the bases loaded. When faced with the same predicament, Lance Lynn minimized the damage.
- Freeman returns, but Braves shut out 1-0 by Cardinals Updated: Jul-25-15 11:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - Shelby Miller endured another frustrating start. At least the Atlanta Braves got Freddie Freeman back ahead of schedule.
- Young pulled early, Royals fall short in loss to Cardinals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ned Yost pulled Chris Young early, leaning on relievers who threw five scoreless innings. The Kansas City Royals' comeback bid fell just short.
- Lackey goes 7, Rosenthal holds on as Cardinals beat Royals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey wore a Cardinals 1985 World Series T-shirt as a 6-year-old growing up in Abilene, Texas, courtesy of an aunt then living in St. Louis.
- White Sox blow late lead in 3-2 loss to Cardinals Updated: Jul-23-15 12:51 am
CHICAGO - David Robertson felt it was a good pitch, and Yadier Molina agreed with the closer.
- Molina's clutch triple rallies Cardinals past White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:21 am
CHICAGO - With a solid pitching staff and deep lineup, the St. Louis Cardinals can beat you in a variety of ways. This time, it was a rare triple for their All-Star catcher.
- Rodon struggles and White Sox lose to Cardinals 8-5 Updated: Jul-22-15 1:41 am
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Peralta hits 2-out, 2-run HR in 9th, Cardinals jolt Cubs 6-5 Updated: Jul-09-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Cardinals manager Mike Matheny enjoys when a team battles back after getting down. On Wednesday, he didn't see his team do that, but he heard it.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Pham hits 1st MLB homer and drives in 3, Cards top Padres Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie outfielder Tommy Pham has done almost everything right in his first three starts with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- One day at a time, Cardinals adding to best record in majors Updated: Jun-29-15 4:24 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny has zero interest in scanning the daily statistics that show just how efficiently the St. Louis Cardinals are dealing with the opposition.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.