- More affordable health insurance option urged for Washington Updated: May-02-16 6:23 pm
SEATTLE - U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell wants Washington state to bring back the Basic Health Plan, which provided an inexpensive health insurance option for the working poor.
- Bill passed to help ensure future water for Yakima Valley Updated: Apr-20-16 4:52 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A bill to ensure the future water supply of the arid but fertile Yakima River Basin passed the U.S. Senate on Wednesday.
- Senate OKs bill to promote wide variety of energy sources Updated: Apr-20-16 4:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate overwhelmingly approved a far-reaching energy bill Wednesday that reflects significant changes in U.S. oil and natural gas production over the past decade and boosts alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
- Alaska editorials Updated: Apr-18-16 1:13 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Sen. Sullivan seeks to cut wait for new icebreaker in Arctic Updated: Apr-05-16 4:42 am
KODIAK, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan from Alaska is pushing to get a new icebreaker in the Arctic to boost the nation's defenses and investments in commerce.