- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: May-29-15 12:29 pm
St. Cloud Times, May 27
- After Dayton vetoes, state leaders start search for way out Updated: May-26-15 5:51 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Picking up where the legislative session ended, Gov. Mark Dayton and House Speaker Kurt Daudt began their search Tuesday for a way out of Minnesota's latest budget impasse that has made a special session a certainty and a partial government shutdown a possibility.
- Minnesota DFL cans fundraiser due to looming special session Updated: May-20-15 1:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party fundraiser featuring Gov. Mark Dayton and top legislative Democrats is off.
- Lawmakers adjourn; Dayton veto over education spending looms Updated: May-19-15 2:45 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's Legislature finalized a two-year spending plan just before a midnight deadline struck, but they adjourned with a near-certain special session looming to solve an education budget standoff with Gov. Mark Dayton.
- Meet under a tent? Minnesota Senate leader says unlikely Updated: May-17-15 11:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Hold your puns about a bunch of politicians meeting under the big top.
- Dayton says he'll stand firm on education spending Updated: May-16-15 12:25 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton says he's standing firm in his insistence that lawmakers spend more on schools and less on potential tax cuts, even if it means a special session.
- Lawmakers still not done, but political cash dash nearing Updated: May-14-15 3:06 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers have the bulk of the session's work to finish, but they're already gearing up for the usual post-session fundraising blitz to follow.
- In make-or-break week, Minnesota budget talks advance slowly Updated: May-11-15 10:49 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Discussions aimed at getting a Minnesota budget deal are resuming Tuesday after a few hours of high-level talks barely moved the needle.
- Dayton opens Minnesota walleye season on Lake Vermilion Updated: May-09-15 4:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's walleye season is officially open.
- In session's final push, Minnesota budget deal still elusive Updated: May-09-15 11:25 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's legislative session is moving into its final, frantic week with the full outline of a new state budget still a blur but some potential elements of an agreement coming into focus.
- Dayton, Pawlenty join groundbreaking at state's newest park Updated: May-08-15 8:02 pm
- Boat diplomacy: Capitol's top 3 headed on joint fishing trip Updated: May-05-15 2:16 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's center of political power is moving north for the weekend.
- Dayton threatens veto of budget bill over campaign-law part Updated: May-04-15 3:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton is threatening to veto a state agency budget bill if Republicans don't agree to remove a part that would ditch candidate spending limits and undo current restrictions on where their donations originate.