- Minnesota orders flags flown at half-staff to honor Scalia Updated: Feb-14-16 1:52 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has ordered that U.S. and Minnesota state flags be flown at half-staff in honor and remembrance of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Hefty surplus comes with plenty of ideas, big conflicts Updated: Feb-14-16 12:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Nearly a month before the Legislature returns with a nice $1.2 billion surplus in hand, lawmakers have already laid out hundreds of millions of dollars in plans to spend it.
- Report estimates 44 percent drop in uninsured Minnesota kids Updated: Feb-11-16 12:28 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials are celebrating a marked drop in the number of uninsured Minnesota children after the federal health overhaul.
- Dayton proposes paid parental leave for all state employees Updated: Feb-09-16 5:09 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton announced a new push Tuesday to offer paid leave to new parents among the state's 35,000-member workforce, a proposal his Democratic allies have deemed a first step toward their goal of extending sick and parental leave to all Minnesota workers.
- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Chelsea Clinton campaigns for mother in Minnesota Updated: Feb-04-16 8:56 am
MINNEAPOLIS - As Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders battle ahead of the New Hampshire primary, Clinton's daughter Chelsea urged voters in Minnesota to consider her mother's record on key issues, including expanded health care, women's reproductive rights and equal pay.
- Dayton ends his push for special legislative session Updated: Feb-02-16 12:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton abruptly dropped his months-long push for a special session Tuesday, conceding that time had basically run out to extend unemployment benefits for out-of-work miners on the Iron Range.
- 2016 battlegrounds bring rural focus to legislative session Updated: Jan-24-16 11:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The battle for greater Minnesota at the ballot box in November is already taking shape at the Capitol.
- US Senate confirms Wright as federal judge for Minnesota Updated: Jan-19-16 6:36 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The U.S. Senate has confirmed Wilhelmina Wright as Minnesota's newest federal judge.