- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Heyward to Cardinals fans: Bring on the boos Updated: Apr-18-16 8:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward expected a harsh reception from St. Louis Cardinals fans. He sort of looked forward to it, and even took off his helmet in acknowledgement when he heard the boos before his first at-bat.
- Arenado homers twice, leads Chatwood, Rockies over Cubs Updated: Apr-17-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Chatwood really had something to talk about after his performance at Wrigley Field.
- Cubs rip Reds 9-2 for best start since 1985 Updated: Apr-14-16 12:29 am
- Reds' Finnegan loses no-hit bid with 2 outs in 7th vs Cubs Updated: Apr-11-16 10:25 pm
CHICAGO - Cincinnati Reds left-hander Brandon Finnegan lost his bid for a no-hitter to David Ross with two outs in the seventh inning against the Cubs in Chicago's home opener.
- Arrieta homers, pitches 7 innings to lead Cubs over Arizona Updated: Apr-10-16 8:48 pm
PHOENIX - The Chicago Cubs are finally leaving the West Coast after almost two months of spring training and a half-dozen real games, and they're headed home in high spirits.
- Heaney can't stop the bleeding, Angels lose 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Apr-06-16 3:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Andrew Heaney had to make a pit stop in the dugout after throwing his first pitch of the second inning because his nose was bleeding.
- Cubs hit 3 homers for Lester in 6-1 win over Angels Updated: Apr-06-16 2:08 am
ANAHEIM, California - Last season, Jon Lester brought to the Chicago Cubs an impressive resume that included the two World Series rings he won with the Boston Red Sox in 2007 and 2013.
- AP Newsbreak: MLB average salary $4.4M after 4.4 pct rise Updated: Apr-03-16 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball's average salary rose 4.4 percent to $4.38 million on opening day, according to a study of contract terms by The Associated Press, and the Los Angeles Dodgers topped spending for the third straight season.