- Top Kansas court: State not properly funding poor schools Updated: May-27-16 10:00 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday rejected some education funding changes enacted by the Legislature earlier this year and threatened to prevent the state's public schools from reopening for the new academic year if lawmakers don't act by June 30.
- The Latest: Kansas Democrat rips GOP on schools, LGBT issue Updated: May-27-16 9:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court's ruling on school funding (all times local):
- Kansas budget plan slashes university and Medicaid funding Updated: May-18-16 8:24 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Facing a shortfall of more than $290 million, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed a budget bill Wednesday that makes significant cuts to the state highway fund, Medicaid and higher education and trims most state agency budgets by 4 percent.
- Kansas coach Self, other LLCs avoid taxes under Kansas law Updated: May-17-16 5:21 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Bill Self isn't paying state taxes on the bulk of his millions of dollars of income as men's basketball coach at Kansas, and it's all legal under 2012 tax reforms pressed by Gov. Sam Brownback.
- Kansas officials' private emails to be subject to disclosure Updated: May-11-16 7:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas officials' emails about public business on private accounts or devices will be subject to public disclosure starting in July under a bill Gov. Sam Brownback signed into law Wednesday.
- Bill would reinstate income taxes on some Kansas businesses Updated: Apr-28-16 4:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Three Republican senators have proposed a bill that would reinstate income taxes for more than 330,000 Kansas business owners and farmers in a way to help address the state's budget problems.