- Kansas to borrow $900 million to cover next fiscal year Updated: Jun-22-16 8:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and legislative leaders on Wednesday authorized a record $900 million in temporary borrowing to cover the state's expenses through June 2017.
- Kansas special education students caught in funding dispute Updated: Jun-09-16 12:26 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Services for students with disabilities are among the many things Kansas education officials must solve amid the potential threat of school closures on July 1.
- Kansas Democrats start petition for special session Updated: Jun-05-16 12:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democratic lawmakers have been circulating a petition to force a special legislative session to address school funding.
- Kansas faces new budget woes amid school funding fight Updated: Jun-01-16 8:01 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators wrangled on the final day of their annual session Wednesday over whether to comply with a court-ordered increase in aid to poor school districts amid fresh evidence of the state's deteriorating financial condition.
- Kansas also will challenge Obama transgender directive Updated: Jun-01-16 6:39 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican-led Kansas will challenge in court the Obama administration's directive that public schools allow transgender students to use the restroom that matches their gender identity, the state's attorney general said Wednesday, although he has not yet decided whether to join a lawsuit by 11 other states or sue separately.