- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget Updated: Aug-02-15 1:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's latest efforts to prevent a state budget deficit were assisted by a well-timed decision on health care funding from federal officials and better-than-expected news about teacher pensions.
- Kansas governor announces $63M in budget changes Updated: Jul-30-15 7:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Gov. Sam Brownback tinkered Thursday with Kansas' budget to keep it in balance, announcing $63 million in changes that he said should have little effect on the public.
- Kansas governor won't be present for budget announcement Updated: Jul-28-15 6:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback doesn't plan to be present when his administration outlines $50 million in spending cuts to help Kansas avert a budget deficit.
- Brownback campaign seeks donation from Westar amid rate case Updated: Jul-21-15 2:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's campaign approached a Westar Energy official for a campaign debt donation while the utility is in the process of seeking a rate increase, a newspaper reported.
- Researchers: Kansas cash balance to be lower than expected Updated: Jul-21-15 10:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislative researchers say the state's cash balance could be smaller next June than lawmakers realized when they approved increases in sales and tobacco taxes to fill a $400 million budget gap.