- McCrory asks Cooper to oppose transgender bathroom lawsuit Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper has rejected a call by Gov. Pat McCrory to side with a Virginia school district against a discrimination lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union that would allow a transgender high school student to use the men's bathroom.
- Republicans at General Assembly set aside $8M for litigation Updated: Nov-24-15 11:03 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Faced with new and protracted lawsuits and keeping reservations about the Democratic attorney general, North Carolina Republican legislators have set aside $8 million to keep defending laws they've passed.
- Roy Cooper backing refugee pause in North Carolina Updated: Nov-19-15 10:42 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Democratic Attorney General Roy Cooper is joining top Republican elected officials in North Carolina who want some refugee resettlements into the state curtailed following the Paris attacks.
- McCrory environment agency confronts critics, pushes policy Updated: Nov-08-15 3:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For years, North Carolina's environmental agency usually stayed out of the public discourse, quietly carrying out the will of the General Assembly and the mandates of states and federal policymakers and the current gubernatorial administration.
- TV ad praising North Carolina leaders for tax reductions Updated: Oct-26-15 4:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A conservative group is running a television ad praising Gov. Pat McCrory and legislators who passed more tax cuts in this year's state budget.