- Odorizzi allows only 3 hits, but all HRs, Rays lose to Yanks Updated: Sep-04-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Jake Odorizzi gets the worst run support among American League starters, so he can't afford to give up much.
- Rookie Severino wins again, Yankees hit 3 HRs to beat Rays Updated: Sep-04-15 10:32 pm
NEW YORK - On and off the mound, Luis Severino seemed completely at ease.
- Yankees put 1B Teixeira on disabled list with bruised shin Updated: Sep-04-15 5:26 pm
- Owens tagged in Boston's 13-8 loss to New York Updated: Sep-02-15 9:03 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox starters were due for a bad outing. And rookie lefty Henry Owens had a real bad one.
- Pujols hits 35th home run as Angels take series from A's Updated: Sep-02-15 8:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Albert Pujols has been saying for about 15 years now that he will reflect on the many milestones and special home runs once his career is through, and he still hopes that is many seasons down the road.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- MLB, players' union announce domestic violence policy Updated: Aug-21-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball can suspend players with pay when legal charges are pending in "exceptional cases" under a new domestic violence policy signed Friday.
- A-Rod hits grand slam to rally Yankees over Twins, 8-4 Updated: Aug-19-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Before the season began, beleaguered slugger Alex Rodriguez thought the days of being adored by Yankees fans were over.
- Victim's son throws out 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Singleton took a huge swing and watched the ball sail high into the first row of seats in left at Yankee Stadium, drawing loud whoops and fist bumps from a bunch of big leaguers around the batting cage.
- Indians edge sinking Yankees 5-4 in 16 innings Updated: Aug-12-15 1:29 am
CLEVELAND - Michael Brantley saw what his teammates had in mind and took off toward the safety of the outfield.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.