- Telemundo interviews Bush on wide range of topics Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he's not worried about running against Donald Trump for the nomination or the fact that the billionaire businessman is in first place in several national polls.
- Trump sues celebrity chef over canceled DC restaurant Updated: Aug-01-15 2:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's organization is suing celebrity chef Jose Andres for backing out of a hotel project in Washington.
- Christie, others turn to McCain's town hall playbook in 2016 Updated: Aug-01-15 3:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - In the summer of 1999, John McCain didn't have many big names backing his campaign for president. He didn't have much money, either, and even resorted at one point to giving away ice cream to drum up a decent-size crowd.
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs into messy realities Updated: Jul-30-15 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - In one of his first forays into policy as a presidential candidate, Republican Donald Trump is calling for the deportation of all 11 million people estimated to be living in the country illegally and allowing what he calls "really good people" to return.
- Trump turns golf trip into extension of campaign trail Updated: Jul-30-15 1:55 pm
TURNBERRY, Scotland - Donald Trump turned a brief trip to a golf tournament in Scotland into an extension of his presidential campaign trail when he attended the Women's British Open at his plush Turnberry resort on Thursday.
- Jon Stewart signing off 'Daily Show' fake newscast for real Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 pm
NEW YORK - After more than 16 years and nearly 2,600 telecasts, Jon Stewart can feel proud of his scads of Emmys and his pair of Peabody Awards, his cultural gravitas (he hung with the Prez, both on and off the air!), even his reprobate status at Fox News.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- Mia Farrow faces Twitter backlash for lion dentist's address Updated: Jul-29-15 4:26 pm
NEW YORK - Mia Farrow took some Twitter heat Wednesday for joining other angry social media posters and blasting out the business address of the dentist who killed the beloved lion Cecil in Zimbabwe.
- On Capitol Hill, GOP fighting itself instead of Democrats Updated: Jul-29-15 4:10 pm
WASHINGTON - When Republicans took full control of Congress this year, they were determined to show voters they could govern responsibly. Instead they've been tearing each other apart in extraordinarily public displays, delighting Democrats and giving some in the GOP heartburn as the party aims for the White House in 2016.
- Trevor Noah takes on racism, skips politics in standup gig Updated: Jul-29-15 5:28 am
SANTA MONICA, California - In an hour-long comedy set, Trevor Noah hit the kind of social satire notes to be expected of Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" heir.
- The Latest: Handler admits to a fascination with Dolezal Updated: Jul-28-15 5:53 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Here's the latest from the Television Critics Association summer meeting in Beverly Hills, California, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs (all times local):
- Trump dominates nightly news on election, study shows Updated: Jul-28-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - Since the beginning of June, Donald Trump has received more coverage on the broadcast network evening newscasts than all of the other candidates for president combined, with his estranged former partners at NBC giving him the most attention.
- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- GOP's chairman doesn't expect Trump third-party candidacy Updated: Jul-27-15 8:16 am
WASHINGTON - Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus said Monday that he's not worried about Donald Trump eventually running for president as an independent.
- House passes bill to crack down on 'sanctuary cities' Updated: Jul-23-15 10:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed legislation Thursday cracking down on "sanctuary cities" that shield residents from federal immigration authorities. Angry Democrats accused Republicans of aligning themselves with Donald Trump and his anti-immigrant views, and the White House threatened a veto.
- La. office cuts payment to pageant, citing fewer TV viewers Updated: Jul-23-15 7:50 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lieutenant governor says the state tourism office is cutting in half the money it committed to pay the 2015 Miss USA pageant because the pageant was not carried on NBC or Univision as had been planned.
- Bush calls on GOP to embrace Latinos, African-Americans Updated: Jul-23-15 7:08 pm
GORHAM, New Hampshire - Calling on his party to embrace diversity, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declared Thursday that Republicans will never win the presidency if they don't campaign in "every nook and cranny" of the country - especially in Hispanic and African-American communities.
- NASCAR, Indy honoring Marine vet Jeff Kyle at Brickyard Updated: Jul-23-15 4:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jeff Kyle raced up to 150 mph during a recent charity drive at Texas Motor Speedway, a welcome relief for the former Marine.
- Chiding Congress, Obama urges fast Ex-Im Bank renewal Updated: Jul-22-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Chiding Congress in no uncertain terms, President Barack Obama warned Wednesday that American businesses are suffering while the Export-Import Bank lapses, and called on lawmakers to reauthorize the bank within days.
- Donald Trump wealth details released by federal regulators Updated: Jul-22-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal election regulators released new details Wednesday about Republican presidential candidate and celebrity businessman Donald Trump's wealth and financial holdings, weeks after he estimated his net worth at roughly $10 billion.
- Tony Blair warns UK's Labour: Left turn will lose voters Updated: Jul-22-15 4:01 pm
LONDON - Britain's Labour Party lost the election. Now it is losing its way, careening into a crisis that could rip apart a party that governed for long stretches of the 20th century.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Gov. Walker shuns Trump's presidential primary attention Updated: Jul-22-15 2:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Wednesday that he's not worried about the attention Donald Trump is getting in his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Rep. Wagner sends campaign donation from Trump to VFW post Updated: Jul-22-15 9:59 am
BALLWIN, Missouri - A member of Missouri's Republican congressional delegation is sending a $1,000 campaign donation from Donald Trump to a Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
- Obama tells Jon Stewart: 'We move the ball forward' Updated: Jul-22-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - Barack Obama shifted from baseball to football to analogize the limitations of meeting his goals as president during an appearance on "The Daily Show" Tuesday.