- Trump shifts to Clinton after claiming GOP delegate majority Updated: May-27-16 3:36 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Presidential candidate Donald Trump, armed at last with a majority of the Republican Party's delegates, is celebrating by shifting his attention toward the general election while his likely Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, remains locked in a divisive primary contest.
- Trump agrees to debate Sanders but sets stiff price Updated: May-27-16 12:23 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has provisionally accepted Bernie Sanders' proposal to debate, but the billionaire is setting a high price for participating. His condition: The hosting TV network would have to put up millions of dollars for charity.
- Australian party leader says some Trump views 'barking mad' Updated: May-27-16 12:20 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's opposition leader on Friday described some of the presumptive Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's views as "barking mad," breaking a longstanding Australian convention of avoiding taking sides in U.S. political contests.
- Trump has rally in Billings after securing nomination Updated: May-26-16 8:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A crowd of thousands, buoyed by word that Donald Trump had just locked down the Republican presidential nomination, gathered in a Billings arena Thursday to cheer the New York businessman and his unlikely ascent to the top of his party.
- The Latest: Trump holds rally before cheering Montana crowd Updated: May-26-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on Donald Trump's rally in Billings (all times local):
- Albuquerque police searching for some anti-Trump protesters Updated: May-26-16 7:37 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque officials said Thursday around 30 people out of 1,000 protesters were responsible for the violence this week at a Donald Trump event.
- New US ambassador to Mexico arrives to take up post Updated: May-26-16 7:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Roberta Jacobson arrived to assume her new role as the United States ambassador to Mexico on Thursday, coming at a time when immigration and Mexican trade have been heated themes in the U.S. presidential campaign.
- Obama: Allies 'rattled' by Trump; Trump blasts Obama Updated: May-26-16 6:16 pm
SHIMA, Japan - President Barack Obama said Thursday that foreign leaders are "rattled" by Donald Trump and have good reason to feel that way, as he accused the presumptive Republican presidential nominee of ignorance about world affairs.
- Origin of key Clinton emails from report are a mystery Updated: May-26-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was supposed to have turned over all work-related emails to the State Department to be released to the public. But an agency audit found at least three emails never seen before - including Clinton's own explanation of why she wanted her emails kept private.
- Democrat Hillary Clinton opens field office in South Dakota Updated: May-26-16 4:42 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis is plugging Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton to South Dakotans as the candidate who would look out for women to the benefit of the nation's economy.
- Many opt to take Social Security before full retirement age Updated: May-26-16 4:11 pm
CHICAGO - Taking Social Security benefits early comes with a price, yet more than 4 in 10 Americans who are 50 and over say they'll dip into the program before reaching full retirement age.
- Some Hispanics face ridicule over support for Trump Updated: May-26-16 3:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Hispanic voters in Florida, New Mexico and California have waved Mexican flags and bashed Donald Trump piÃ±atas - clashing with police, at times - to protest the Republican presidential contender's hard line approach to immigration.
- Sanders accepts Kentucky results, making Clinton the winner Updated: May-26-16 3:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has accepted Kentucky's primary election results, moving front-runner Hillary Clinton one delegate closer to securing the nomination.
- Clinton decries Trump 'deportation force' in Vegas speech Updated: May-26-16 3:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton decried Donald Trump's deportation plan as a threat to American values and told an audience of about 300 union members in Las Vegas that it's time to unite to keep the Republican candidate out of the White House.
- Oil tycoon, industry, congressman lured Trump to Bismarck Updated: May-26-16 1:07 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It took North Dakota's leading oil industry group, the state's lone congressman and an oil billionaire from Oklahoma to lure Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump to Bismarck.
- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.
- State Department email report complicates Clinton's message Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
SALINAS, California - Hillary Clinton is telling voters not to trust Donald Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
- The Weeknd, Belly cancel Kimmel performance because of Trump Updated: May-25-16 10:27 pm
NEW YORK - R&B singer The Weeknd and rapper Belly have canceled their performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" because Donald Trump was set to appear on the episode.
- Eight protesters arrested outside California Trump rally Updated: May-25-16 8:28 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Several dozen people protested and eight were arrested Wednesday outside a Donald Trump rally in California where the demonstrators were outnumbered by police aiming to prevent the kind of trouble seen at other rallies for the candidate.
- Authorities: Unruly group instigated violence at Trump rally Updated: May-25-16 8:05 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A day after a riot erupted outside a Donald Trump rally, Albuquerque officials blamed the downtown melee not on impassioned politics but on an unruly group intent on creating chaos in a city that has seen more than its share of violence.
- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- Kasich: Substitute courage for 'stupidity,' fear in politics Updated: May-25-16 5:58 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) lamented "the stupidity of politics" at his first public appearance since suspending his 2016 presidential campaign.
- Chief Justice John Roberts speaks on diversity, consensus Updated: May-25-16 4:32 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts said Wednesday that building a consensus among the justices is important, although he admits he can't do it on his own.
- Protest march route set for Republican National Convention Updated: May-25-16 12:32 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland has designated a route for protest marches during the Republican National Convention while leaving open the possibility that marches would be allowed outside the event zone surrounding the arena where it's being held.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Democrats aim at Trump's tax returns Updated: May-25-16 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - Hmmm, wonder who he has in mind?