- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state's presidential primaries Updated: May-25-16 8:57 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump each won primaries in Washington state.
- Trump, Clinton win Washington's presidential primaries Updated: May-25-16 12:14 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Donald Trump handily won Washington state's Republican presidential primary Tuesday, even as he shared the ballot with three other candidates who had already dropped out of the contest.
- The Latest: Clinton wins Washington's Democratic primary Updated: May-24-16 11:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Latest on Washington state's presidential primaries (all times local):
- The Latest: Ex-GOP lawmaker wins Railroad Commission runoff Updated: May-24-16 11:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on Texas' primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Key Walker supporters to help Trump raise money Updated: May-24-16 3:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two of Gov. Scott Walker's major financial backers are now helping to raise money for Donald Trump.
- Missouri Republicans pick delegates for national convention Updated: May-21-16 10:30 pm
BRANSON, Missouri - Missouri Republicans have selected the delegate slate they plan to send to the national party convention in Cleveland in July.
- GOP convention wraps up Saturday Updated: May-21-16 2:25 pm
PASCO, Washington - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Chris Vance told the state Republican Party convention on Saturday that it is time to oust Democratic U.S. Sen. Patty Murray after four terms.
- Trump, Sanders, Clinton storm into California Updated: May-20-16 6:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will crisscross California in coming days, with the state's crucial primary election closing in.
- Plenty of Cruz supporters remain at state GOP convention Updated: May-19-16 6:39 pm
PASCO, Washington - Jennifer Fetters of Bellevue worked a booth promoting former presidential candidate Ted Cruz at the Washington State Republican Party convention on Thursday - one of the many supporters of the conservative senator from Texas who continued to push his candidacy weeks after Cruz suspended his campaign.
- Clinton grapples with Trump's ability to stay in spotlight Updated: May-19-16 1:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump kept himself planted firmly in the political spotlight this week with one headline-grabbing move after another - launching a social media defense of his treatment of women, listing possible Supreme Court nominees, rapidly declaring an Egyptian plane crash an act of terrorism.
- Oregon Democrats give Sanders primary victory over Clinton Updated: May-18-16 4:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - While some progressive voters may have felt torn between Bernie Sanders' idealism and the pragmatism of front-runner Hillary Clinton, when it was all over Oregon Democrats went with the senator from Vermont.
- Avakian wins Democratic primary for secretary of state Updated: May-18-16 2:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Latest on Oregon's primary election (all times local):
- Sanders beats Clinton to win Oregon primary; Trump triumphs Updated: May-18-16 12:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary Clinton in Oregon's Democratic primary on Tuesday.
- Trump and frequent target Megyn Kelly call a truce Updated: May-17-16 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump and Megyn Kelly appear to have called a truce.
- Election guide: Candidates and issues in Oregon's primary Updated: May-17-16 3:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The presidential race generated a lot of enthusiasm among Oregonians, with about 160,000 adding their names to the rolls of the two major parties this year - but mostly Democrats.
- Kansas residents donate $1.8M to presidential candidates Updated: May-16-16 2:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal Election Commission data shows that Kansas residents have donated more than $1.8 million to presidential candidates and hundreds of millions more through PACs and super PACs.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: May-16-16 10:01 am
Des Moines Register. May 12, 2016
- Palestinian men traveled through 8 countries to reach US Updated: May-15-16 11:56 am
FLORENCE, Arizona - Mounis Hammouda and Hisham Shaban were stranded in Honduras, penniless after being ripped off by a smuggler who was supposed to get them to Mexico so that they could arrive at their final destination, the United States.
- Trump, bathrooms, secession: 5 things from Texas GOP meeting Updated: May-15-16 2:34 am
DALLAS - The Texas Republican Convention began under a "Unite to Win" banner but ended with many delegates still standoffish toward Donald Trump and mourning Ted Cruz's exit from the Republican presidential race. A rundown of one of the biggest state Republican conventions in the U.S. that wrapped up Saturday:
- The Latest: Paul Ryan says no timeline for party unity Updated: May-14-16 10:05 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Latest on the Wisconsin Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Nevada GOP leaders urge unity for Trump at state convention Updated: May-14-16 10:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Republican Party Chairman Michael McDonald urged delegates at the state GOP convention Saturday to put their fractured past behind them and unite behind Donald Trump's presidential campaign to keep Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
- The Latest: Card draws settle 3 GOP ties at NV convention Updated: May-14-16 9:58 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Latest from the Nevada Republican State Convention meeting Saturday at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center (all times local):
- Donald who? Wisconsin Republicans largely avoid Trump Updated: May-14-16 8:02 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Mixed feelings about presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump were on full display Saturday at the Wisconsin GOP convention, with Gov. Scott Walker and other officeholders not even speaking his name.
- Cruz shuns Trump, GOP unity; says 'challenges' may lie ahead Updated: May-14-16 7:05 pm
DALLAS - Ted Cruz on Saturday used his first speech since dropping out of the presidential race not to endorse Donald Trump or urge Republican unity behind him, but to maintain that core conservatives can save America. Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, countered by deploying a top surrogate who did his best to woo skeptical Texas conservatives.