- Races all but decided, presidential field eyes West Virginia Updated: May-05-16 11:46 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Even before Donald Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee this week, West Virginia looked like awfully favorable turf for the billionaire real estate mogul.
- Trump campaign says he's expected at Omaha airport rally Updated: May-05-16 10:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Campaign officials say Republic presidential candidate Donald Trump is expected to attend a rally Friday in Omaha.
- How Trump broke the rules of modern politics, and won anyway Updated: May-05-16 3:37 am
WASHINGTON - Polling? Who needs to do that? Fundraising? Can't be bothered. Parse your words? Fuhgetabout it.
- Gov. Sandoval plans to vote for Trump after Kasich drops out Updated: May-05-16 12:01 am
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval said Wednesday he plans to vote for Donald Trump after Ohio Gov. John Kasich, his preferred candidate, became the final Trump challenger to drop out of the Republican presidential primary.
- Wisconsin Senate leader calls for uniting behind Trump Updated: May-04-16 8:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Senate's top Republican called Wednesday for the party to back Donald Trump, saying nothing is going to stop him from being the GOP presidential nominee and he could generate conservative turnout in November that could boost down-ticket Republicans.
- SC's Gov. Haley 'not interested' in vice presidential slot Updated: May-04-16 6:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley says she's "not interested" in serving as a vice presidential nominee.
- Top Kansas Republicans say they'll back Trump; some won't Updated: May-04-16 6:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Top Republicans in Kansas reiterated their promises Wednesday to support Donald Trump as the party's presidential candidate, and the state GOP's chairman predicted that opponents of the brash billionaire will "come home" in November.
- Massachusetts GOP governor says he won't vote for Trump Updated: May-04-16 5:23 pm
BOSTON - With Donald Trump now his party's presumptive nominee, Massachusetts Republican Gov. Charlie Baker suggested Wednesday that he might not even cast a vote for president in November.
- Hillicans? As Trump wins, Clinton explores how to woo GOPers Updated: May-04-16 3:50 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - With Donald Trump's remaining rivals bowing out of the race, clearing his path to the nomination, Hillary Clinton is looking for ways to woo Republicans turned off by the brash billionaire.
- Republican race all but decided ahead of Washington primary Updated: May-04-16 3:33 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state's primary later this month packs less of a punch with Ted Cruz and John Kasich dropping out of the Republican presidential contest.
- Fallin endorses Trump's presidential bid, welcomes VP talk Updated: May-04-16 2:17 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin is offering her enthusiastic endorsement of Republican presidential contender Donald Trump, saying she supports the New York billionaire "100 percent."
- Wealthy newcomer grabs US House nod; Young wins for Senate Updated: May-04-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A wealthy political newcomer and a state senator won the Republican primaries for Indiana's two open congressional seats on Tuesday as businessman Donald Trump scored a big victory in the presidential race and Rep. Todd Young captured the GOP's Senate nomination.
- Donald Trump to speak at North Dakota oil expo in Bismarck Updated: May-04-16 11:27 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has been tabbed as the keynote speaker for the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference that will be held later this month in Bismarck, an oil industry group said Wednesday.
- Exit poll: Indiana GOP voters pick Trump, but party divided Updated: May-04-16 8:06 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump called for GOP unity after his Indiana primary victory Tuesday night, but exit polls suggest he's facing a significant intraparty rift.
- Warren unleashes Twitter storm on Trump Updated: May-04-16 5:55 am
WASHINGTON - Senator Elizabeth Warren has taken to Twitter to attack what she calls presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's "toxic stew of hatred & insecurity."
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- Mississippi governor supporting Trump for president Updated: May-04-16 12:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant says he is supporting Donald Trump for president.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Ted Cruz had 3 rallies planned in Washington Updated: May-03-16 8:44 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Republican presidential nominee hopeful Ted Cruz had planned to be in Washington state this week but the Texas senator has suspended his campaign.
- Congressman Palazzo endorses Trump for president Updated: May-03-16 8:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Republican Mississippi congressman is endorsing Donald Trump for president.
- Viewer's Guide: Cruz, Sanders want campaign boost in Indiana Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are all-in for Indiana as they try to stave off the growing aura of inevitability surrounding their opponents. But Donald Trump says his general election race against Hillary Clinton has "sort of already started." Clinton may not say as much, but she largely agrees. On what could be a pivotal night for Cruz, Trump is strongly favored in the state's GOP primary. Sanders and Hillary Clinton are in a tighter race on the Democratic side.
- Trump running mate? Not so fast, says Sen. Susan Collins Updated: May-03-16 9:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins said she's amused to find herself thrust into the discussion of potential running mates for Donald Trump.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Gender politics playing a big role for Trump, Clinton Updated: May-02-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - She has no stamina. She shouts. She's got nothing going for her but being a woman.