- Capitol Hill Buzz: Pelosi, Chaffetz differ on burger invite Updated: Oct-06-15 2:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Just days into his long-shot bid for speaker of the House, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah is already butting heads with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- Federal watchdog reopening latest probe of Secret Service Updated: Oct-05-15 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The Homeland Security Department's internal watchdog is reopening the investigation into efforts by the Secret Service to discredit a congressman.
- Q&A: How does the House elect a new speaker? Updated: Oct-05-15 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - At noon on Thursday, Republicans will gather behind closed doors and vote by secret ballot for their candidate for the most powerful job in the House, a post that's second in line to the presidency - Speaker of the House.
- Boehner: House to vote for speaker Oct. 29, other jobs after Updated: Oct-05-15 4:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Speaker John Boehner on Monday scheduled the House election to replace him for Oct. 29 and delayed votes for lower-level posts until after that - a move widely seen as benefiting his preferred successor, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
- Chaffetz made career by confronting establishment Updated: Oct-05-15 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - One-time college placekicker Jason Chaffetz wants to boot Republican House leaders off their path to promotions.
- AP Sources: Chaffetz to seek speaker bid against McCarthy Updated: Oct-02-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah is planning to run for House speaker in a surprise longshot challenge to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
- Facing Congress, Planned Parenthood chief rebuts videos Updated: Sep-29-15 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of Planned Parenthood defended the women's health organization Tuesday before a Republican-run Congress bent on slashing its federal funding, telling lawmakers that accusations against her group fed by stealthily recorded videos are "offensive and categorically untrue."
- Congressional Democrats push for Valeant Pharma subpoena Updated: Sep-28-15 2:38 pm
Congressional Democrats are pressing a Republican committee chairman to force a pharmaceutical company to turn over documents tied to price hikes imposed earlier this year.
- Agency chief: Air marshals in sex scandal should leave Updated: Sep-17-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Three federal air marshals accused of hiring prostitutes and recording at least one sexual encounter with a government-issued device are not representative of the Federal Air Marshal Service, the agency's head told lawmakers Thursday.