- Correction: Missouri Governor-Brunner story Updated: Oct-07-15 10:45 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - In a story Oct. 5 about John Brunner's entry into the 2016 race for Missouri governor, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Brunner so far had donated at least $87,600 to an exploratory committee. He had donated about $62,600, according to the latest campaign finance records available.
- Former Navy SEAL Greitens running as Republican for governor Updated: Sep-26-15 4:30 pm
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens, a political newcomer who was once courted to run for Congress as a Democrat, on Saturday launched a Republican campaign for Missouri governor in 2016.
- Republican Asbury drops out of race for Missouri governor Updated: Sep-25-15 6:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former Republican state Rep. Randy Asbury is dropping out of the 2016 race for Missouri governor.
- Missouri governor's race to determine fate of right to work Updated: Sep-19-15 1:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Voters next year will pick more than a new governor - the election likely will either ensure Missouri becomes the 26th right-to-work state or remains a holdout in the national push for the measure despite being surrounded mostly by states that have adopted it.
- Missouri lawmakers set to attempt to overturn Nixon's vetoes Updated: Sep-15-15 6:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are set to meet Wednesday to potentially overturn more than a dozen vetoes that Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon made to legislation this year, including a contentious right-to-work measure and bill that would cut unemployment benefits.