- Venezuela faces mounting international pressure over crisis Updated: Jun-23-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of the Organization of American States added his voice Thursday to the chorus of international leaders stepping up pressure on Venezuela to address a humanitarian crisis and end a crackdown on opposition activists.
- Nicaragua expels 3 US government officials Updated: Jun-16-16 11:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States said Thursday that Nicaragua has expelled three American government officials.
- Cuba hopes detente will finally break curse on investment Updated: Jun-15-16 10:47 am
JIBACOA, Cuba - Twenty years ago a Canadian developer won the right to build golf courses and condominiums across 2.5 miles of lush green ridgeline and crescent beaches lapped by the emerald waters of the Florida Straits just 40 miles (65 kilometers) from Havana.
- Kerry of US asks Venezuela to respect rights, ease shortages Updated: Jun-14-16 5:46 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said that the Obama administrative will resume a diplomatic push to ease tensions with Venezuela as the socialist South America nation plunges deeper into economic and political chaos.
- As hunger mounts, Venezuelans turn to trash for food Updated: Jun-08-16 3:09 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Until recently, Julio Noguera worked at a bakery. Now he spends his evenings searching through the garbage for food.
- Venezuela president calls Sanders a 'revolutionary friend' Updated: Jun-01-16 8:37 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's socialist president is hailing U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders as a "revolutionary friend."