- Turkey seeks EU backing for Syria no-fly, buffer zones Updated: Oct-05-15 12:37 pm
BRUSSELS - Turkey's president sought European backing on Monday for the creation of buffer and no-fly zones on the Syrian border, saying that such moves are key to ending the refugee crisis.
- Polish government indicates commitment to coal over nuclear Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's prime minister says she does not consider nuclear energy a priority and is instead focused on strengthening the coal mining industry.
- EU holds more migration talks as calls for answers grow Updated: Sep-22-15 3:09 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union's two emergency meetings on the migration crisis this week won't provide any quick solutions to ease the plight of tens of thousands of people seeking sanctuary in Europe despite a decision Tuesday to share 120,000 more refugees arriving in Greece and Italy.
- Greece's Tsipras: bailout rebel to bailout enforcer Updated: Sep-21-15 1:47 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greeks have elected Alexis Tsipras prime minister for the second time this year but with a strikingly different mandate: Instead of the vehemently anti-austerity platform he espoused in January, he has now agreed to implement yet more stringent spending cuts and tax hikes.
- EU Council chief pledges support for Cyprus peace talks Updated: Sep-11-15 7:17 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - European Council President Donald Tusk says the EU is ready to provide any practical support to talks aimed at reunifying ethnically divided Cyprus - an opportunity for peace that "shouldn't be missed."