- Paire upsets Nishikori to advance to Japan Open final Updated: Oct-10-15 5:10 am
TOKYO - Unseeded Benoit Paire of France beat defending champion Kei Nishikori 1-6, 6-4, 6-2 Saturday to advance to the Japan Open final where he faces top-seeded Stan Wawrinka.
- Nishikori rallies to foil Coric in Japan Open Updated: Oct-05-15 10:54 am
TOKYO - Defending champion Kei Nishikori, of Japan, was given a real scare by teen ace Borna Coric, of Croatia, on Monday, before sealing a 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 comeback win in the first round of the Rakuten Japan Open.
- 1904 rematch: Britain sets up Davis Cup final vs Belgium Updated: Sep-20-15 8:28 pm
It's like 1904 all over again in the Davis Cup.
- Federer win in singles lifts Swiss to Davis Cup playoff win Updated: Sep-20-15 10:02 am
GENEVA - Roger Federer ensured Switzerland beat the Netherlands in a Davis Cup playoff on Sunday to retain its place in the elite World Group next season.
- France Davis Cup captain Arnaud Clement gets the sack Updated: Sep-18-15 11:01 am
PARIS - The French tennis federation fired Davis Cup captain Arnaud Clement on Friday after growing tension between him and the players.
- Absent Kyrios focus of attention before Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:07 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - As Britain prepares to take on Australia in the Davis Cup semifinals this week, the focus will be as much on who's missing as who will be taking the court in Glasgow.
- Fendrich On Tennis: Djokovic in Grand Slam driver's seat Updated: Sep-14-15 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic could not find his keys.
- US Open champ Djokovic clinches year-end No. 1 for 4th time Updated: Sep-14-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic's U.S Open title allowed him to clinch the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fourth time.
- What We Learned at US Open: Djokovic is gaining on Federer Updated: Sep-14-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - For the second time in his career, Novak Djokovic ends a season with three Grand Slam titles. Unlike in 2011, though, he played in all four major finals this year.
- Djokovic beats Federer for 2nd US Open title, 10th major Updated: Sep-14-15 12:52 am
NEW YORK - After winning a point in the U.S. Open final, and bent on proving a point, Novak Djokovic leaped and roared and threw an uppercut, then glared at some of the thousands of spectators pulling for Roger Federer.
- No. 1 Djokovic, No. 2 Federer easily reach US Open final Updated: Sep-11-15 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - At 34, and more than three years removed from his most recent Grand Slam title, Roger Federer arrived at this U.S. Open with some changes in store.