- A week before opener, Harbaugh still quiet on QB competition Updated: Aug-27-15 9:24 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Don't expect any announcement on Michigan's starting quarterback before next week.
- Harbaugh discusses recent phone conversation with Jordan Updated: Aug-27-15 3:57 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jim Harbaugh is quite a celebrity these days, but even he was taken aback when he received a phone call recently from Michael Jordan.
- Pick 6: Teams coming off bad season that will go bowling Updated: Aug-27-15 3:05 am
Yes, there are actually college football teams that do not play in bowl games. There will be more postseason games than ever this season, 43 in including the College Football Playoff championship game, but still more than 40 FBS teams will not go bowling.
- Auburn secondary counting on transfers Countess, Matthews Updated: Aug-26-15 6:08 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Hard-hitting safety Tray Matthews expects to add some "boom" to Auburn's defense. Cornerback Blake Countess, meanwhile, brings versatility and the experience that comes with starting 30 games for Michigan.
- Pick 6: Most intriguing games of the season Updated: Aug-25-15 2:59 am
Every game counts. Some games count more than others.
- Coach Taggart: South Florida poised to take step forward Updated: Aug-21-15 5:37 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Willie Taggart says he isn't concerned about running out of time to "get it right" at South Florida.
- Harbaugh's return brings hope, pride back to Ann Arbor Updated: Aug-20-15 1:15 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A few blocks from the Big House, Jim Harbaugh's barber works in a small shop that doubles as a shrine to Michigan football. Iconic jerseys of Wolverines past - such as Anthony Carter's No. 1, Desmond Howard's No. 21, and yes, Harbaugh's No. 4 - are displayed high on the wall inside.
- Erik Pears fitting in on 49ers O-line Updated: Aug-19-15 6:05 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - New right tackle Erik Pears is doing all he can to fit into the 49ers huddle.
- Harbaugh says Wolverines about to go quiet Updated: Aug-06-15 8:28 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The first question Jim Harbaugh took at media day was from a first grader.
- 49ers look to bolster pass attack with new receiving options Updated: Aug-05-15 8:20 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Having spent his entire football career playing close to his Virginia home, new 49ers wideout Torrey Smith is enjoying his first extended stay out West in the Bay Area.
- Quinton Dial could be big part of 49ers revamped DL Updated: Aug-03-15 8:33 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Quinton Dial is running with the first-team defense for the San Francisco 49ers, who are looking to once again turn a young, raw prospect into a producer along their defensive line after the departure of long-time starters Ray McDonald and five-time Pro Bowler Justin Smith.
- Vernon Davis fired adviser last year who pushed for new deal Updated: Jul-31-15 6:47 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Vernon Davis parted ways with an adviser before last season who had been pushing the 49ers tight end to get pushy for a new contract.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.