- Obama seeks $10-per-barrel oil tax to fund clean transport Updated: Feb-04-16 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama wants oil companies to pay a $10 fee for every barrel of oil to help fund investments in clean transportation that fight climate change.
- Officials from Obama's Cabinet lining up behind Clinton Updated: Jan-25-16 3:32 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton hasn't just been wrapping herself in President Barack Obama's legacy lately. She's been wrapping herself in his Cabinet.
- Officials mull light rail connecting airport to Strip Updated: Jan-16-16 1:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials are looking at the light rail as the best type of transit to link the airport, the Strip and downtown Las Vegas.
- Auto industry agrees to cooperate with government on safety Updated: Jan-15-16 1:14 pm
DETROIT - After two tumultuous years of recalls, fines and friction, the government and the auto industry struck a peace treaty of sorts by agreeing to cooperate on safety issues in the future.
- Gov't to announce new safety relationship with automakers Updated: Jan-12-16 5:19 pm
DETROIT - Using the aviation industry as a model, automakers have agreed to work on fundamental changes in their relationship with the U.S. government in order to spot safety trends before they become problems and get new technology to the marketplace faster, a top safety regulator and a person familiar with the discussions said Tuesday.