- Work already on new Hudson River tunnels has been costly Updated: Aug-22-15 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - Buried deep under Manhattan is a $185 million hole in the ground, evidence that while politicians bicker over how to pay for a new rail tunnel under the Hudson River, work on the project has been underway for years.
- Cuomo, Washington fight over Hudson rail tunnel funding Updated: Aug-19-15 11:10 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's dispute with the federal government over how to pay for a new Hudson River rail tunnel boiled over into a war of words Wednesday between him and President Barack Obama's transportation secretary.
- Moran touts drones as valuable for creating jobs in Kansas Updated: Aug-19-15 7:22 pm
PARK CITY, Kansas - The nation's top transportation official said Wednesday that while the U.S. government is "on a good path" when it comes to commercial use of drones, concerns remain about their private use.
- NY's Cuomo reluctant to dig deep for new Hudson rail tunnel Updated: Aug-15-15 11:02 am
ALBANY, New York - He committed billions of dollars to overhaul LaGuardia Airport and build a new Tappan Zee Bridge - but New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has taken a wary approach to building a new Hudson River rail tunnel, even though the stakes could be even higher for the state and the nation.
- Feds, New Jersey leaders to meet to discuss Gateway project Updated: Aug-10-15 7:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, U.S. Sen. Cory Booker and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will sit down next week to discuss plans for replacing the century-old Hudson River tunnel crossing.
- NY Gov. Cuomo: Feds must pay more for Hudson rail tunnel Updated: Aug-07-15 9:53 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo warned federal transportation officials Friday that Amtrak's entire Northeast corridor could be disrupted and disabled unless Washington invests significant sums in a plan to build new Hudson River rail tunnels.
- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- NY Gov. Cuomo: Feds must contribute more for Hudson tunnels Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - New rail tunnels under the Hudson River are needed to reduce delays, but the expensive project won't work without a greater financial commitment from the federal government, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.