- US official: Hudson tunnel project needs clarity on scope Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Plans are moving ahead to build a new Hudson River rail tunnel and make other large-scale infrastructure improvements, but the lack of a final decision on the scope of the project is stalling further advances, the federal official overseeing the project said Thursday.
- Federal safety oversight recommended for DC subway system Updated: Sep-30-15 3:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal investigators recommended Wednesday that the federal government assume oversight of Washington's troubled subway system, an unprecedented step for an urban mass transit network.
- US agency says Fiat Chrysler under-reported roadway deaths Updated: Sep-29-15 5:37 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler is back in hot water with U.S. auto safety regulators.
- Plan approved to shorten rail line from Raleigh to Richmond Updated: Sep-18-15 12:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal officials and North Carolina and Virginia representatives have approved a final environmental study on plans for a shorter rail line known as the Southeast Corridor, linking Raleigh and Richmond.
- Cuomo, Christie ask Obama for 'fair' plan for Hudson tunnel Updated: Sep-15-15 7:29 pm
ALBANY, New York - The governors of New York and New Jersey wrote to President Barack Obama on Tuesday asking the federal government to pay for half the cost of a new rail tunnel below the Hudson River - a sign that the long-delayed project could be moving ahead.
- 2-day N. Carolina business summit brings McCrory to DC Updated: Sep-08-15 11:49 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Capitol Hill is the place this week for North Carolina business leaders to talk to their elected representatives about commerce and legislative issues and for networking.