- Senate confirms Obama's pick for Joint Chiefs chairman Updated: Jul-29-15 7:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Wednesday confirmed President Barack Obama's pick to be the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Senate panel approves Marine general for Joint Chiefs chair Updated: Jul-23-15 11:33 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate Armed Services Committee has approved the nomination of Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford to be the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- General: US considers expanding Ukraine training to army Updated: Jul-13-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. is considering a plan to expand its military training of Ukrainian forces to include army soldiers, the commander of the U.S. Army in Europe said on Monday, describing a potential move that risks heightening tensions with Russia.
- At apex of military, spotlight feels bright, power seems dim Updated: Jul-10-15 11:26 am
WASHINGTON - The man often called America's top military officer, the most powerful person in uniform, actually commands nothing. No tanks, no planes, no ships, no troops.
- Commander who served in Iraq war in line to be Marine chief Updated: Jul-01-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday the White House is nominating Lt. Gen. Robert Neller, a commander who served in Iraq's western province during one of the most violent periods of the war, to be commandant of the Marine Corps.