- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to defeat Islamic State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:07 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United States is seeking new military, counterterrorism and diplomatic ideas to destroy the Islamic State group faster, Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday, acknowledging the difficulty in eliminating extremists who've exploited four years of chaos in the Middle East to become a global threat. He said greater military cooperation with Russia was possible under the right circumstances.
- Apple opens its first stores in Arab world in the Emirates Updated: Oct-29-15 8:30 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Apple opened its first retail stores in the Arab world on Thursday in the luxury malls of the United Arab Emirates, hoping to sell wealthy consumers on their new high-end smartwatches.
- DOD: Muslim beliefs should not govern female guards at Gitmo Updated: Oct-27-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior defense officials said Tuesday that it was "outrageous" that female guards at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are barred from transporting five detainees suspected of being involved in the Sept. 11 attacks.
- Egypt's president visits the United Arab Emirates for talks Updated: Oct-27-15 11:05 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Egypt's president is visiting the United Arab Emirates, a major backer of his government.
- Think you're unhappy in Dubai? Police may call to ask why Updated: Oct-26-15 5:07 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - If you say you're unhappy in Dubai, the police may call to ask you why as part of a new survey.