- Kane looking to emerge from scoring slump at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-24-16 5:34 pm
CHANTILLY, France - Some of the continent's top strikers are finding it tough at the low-scoring European Championship, stifled by so-called weaker teams employing defensive tactics to grind out points.
- Payet stays relaxed at Euro 2016, despite rising expectation Updated: Jun-21-16 9:49 am
PARIS - The burden of bailing out France's misfiring attack at the European Championship has yet to affect Dimitri Payet.
- Lloris urges his teammates to play like tournament favorites Updated: Jun-18-16 2:03 pm
LILLE, France - France captain Hugo Lloris is demanding a much improved performance against Switzerland on Sunday, so the hosts can finally live up to their billing as one of the European Championship favorites.
- Kante's rise from 3rd division obscurity to France mainstay Updated: Jun-17-16 10:35 am
PARIS - Four years ago, midfielder N'Golo Kante was hoping to make the leap from amateur football into France's third division. Watching the 2012 European Championship on his television, playing for the national team would have seemed a faraway dream.
- Silky at times, France lacking cutting edge at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-16-16 10:53 am
PARIS - France has looked silky at times during its two matches at the European Championship but its lack of cutting edge up front could become a serious source of concern in the latter stages of the competition.
- Late goals from Griezmann and Payet rescue France Updated: Jun-15-16 7:36 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Dimitri Payet scored yet another impressive goal as France left it late once again, overcoming a spirited Albania 2-0 to become the first team to advance to the knockout stages of the European Championship on Wednesday.
- France coach Deschamps could change tactics for Albania Updated: Jun-14-16 3:19 pm
MARSEILLE, France - In a bid to add more speed and urgency to his team, France coach Didier Deschamps could make tactical changes for Wednesday's European Championship match against Albania.
- France's Giroud looking to silence "mudslingers" with goals Updated: Jun-11-16 1:07 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France striker Olivier Giroud hopes that he has silenced the "mudslingers" who jeered him and questioned whether he's good enough for international football.
- Still no real soccer culture in France despite Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-05-16 11:37 am
PARIS - A popular saying in France has the country populated with 60 million national soccer coaches.
- Giroud scores 2 as France beats Scotland 3-0 in Euro warmup Updated: Jun-04-16 5:15 pm
METZ, France - Striker Olivier Giroud finally silenced his doubters with two more goals as France beat Scotland 3-0 in its final warmup for the European Championship on Saturday.
- Payet's superb late free kick helps France beat Cameroon 3-2 Updated: May-30-16 5:56 pm
NANTES, France - Dimitri Payet scored a brilliant last-minute free kick as European Championship host France beat Cameroon 3-2 in a friendly Monday.