- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Yankees' Tanaka throws bullpen, could return next week Updated: Sep-25-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - Masahiro Tanaka threw 31 pitches in a bullpen session Friday, and the New York Yankees right-hander said he thinks he can return to the rotation this season despite a strained right hamstring.
- Hopes for East crown take a hit as Yankees lose 4-0 to Jays Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 pm
- Stroman strong as Martin's HR leads Jays past Yankees 4-0 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:40 pm
- Blue Jays lose 6-4 to Yankees; AL East lead shrinks to 2 1/2 Updated: Sep-23-15 12:46 am
TORONTO - When his team is playing at home, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands long balls can hurt just as much as they help.
- Eovaldi still too sore to resume throwing Updated: Sep-21-15 5:52 pm
TORONTO - Yankees right-hander Nathan Eovaldi still has inflammation in his sore right elbow and won't be able to resume throwing until next week, manager Joe Girardi said Monday.
- Harvey pulled after 5, Mets fall apart in 11-2 loss to Yanks Updated: Sep-21-15 2:33 am
NEW YORK - Managing innings for Matt Harvey plus an entire team in a pennant race is becoming quite a headache for Terry Collins.
- Yanks take advantage of Harvey's exit, rout sloppy Mets 11-2 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:26 am
NEW YORK - There's certainly one New York team elated about the limit on Matt Harvey's innings - and it's not the first-place Mets.
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Severino rebounds in Yankees' 3-1 win over Rays Updated: Sep-17-15 12:11 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Two youngsters sent the New York Yankees to a big win in the pressure of a pennant race.
- Conley has best start of career, Marlins beat Mets 6-0 Updated: Sep-16-15 11:30 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright refused to make excuses for two lethargic losses to Miami. Still, he's looking forward to a brief break before the rival Yankees come to Citi Field for a tantalizing three-game series between teams making a playoff push.
- Tanaka to start series opener against Mets Updated: Sep-16-15 5:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Masahiro Tanaka will start for the New York Yankees on Friday night in the opener of a three-game series at the crosstown Mets.
- Tanaka leads Yanks over Blue Jays 5-0, stops 5-game skid Updated: Sep-13-15 5:44 pm
NEW YORK - With the New York closer to missing out on a wild-card berth than winning the AL East, Masahiro Tanaka pitched like the ace the Yankees needed him to be
- Sabathia makes strong return but Yanks lose to Orioles 5-3 Updated: Sep-09-15 11:37 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia left the mound with a two-run lead and the bases loaded with two outs in the fifth inning, muttering to himself after hitting Chris Davis with a pitch.